Black Lego O2 Case

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
55cancri

Black Lego O2 Case

Unread postby 55cancri » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Well,

I had bought some O2 parts, but could not get the housing. So I thought about what to do with them.

I have thought of everything, but my possibilities are very limited because I have no space and no tools to make wooden housing.
Getting all those Bricks was more expensive then I thought - all had to be ordered from the bay. The boards fit exactly, I had to cut a only few stones. Nothing jiggles inside and it is not getting hot.
Attachments
o2_3.jpg
o2_2.jpg
o2_1.jpg
o2_0.jpg

Irinikus

Re: Black Lego O2 Case

Unread postby Irinikus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Very Cool!
Image................. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image; Image...... Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image;
Image Image; Image........... Image; Image... ImageImage Image.... Here they are: :arrow:

spiroyster
Donor
Donor

Unread postby spiroyster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:53 am

Indeed, very cool, It's like what a Danish Frank LLoyd Wright would do if employed by 1920's SGI :P

How hot is it in there? o.0. Maybe some 'smooth' lego tops to remove visible the trademark lego connectors running across the top surface ... or is that the point? To make it obviously lego-like.

Congrats. :)

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:26 am

I wonder if you could make a convincing bug logo out of Lego blocks. Transparent, with some LEDs :)
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

55cancri

Unread postby 55cancri » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:26 am

Thanks for all the comments :-)

spiroyster wrote:Indeed, very cool, It's like what a Danish Frank LLoyd Wright would do if employed by 1920's SGI :P
How hot is it in there? o.0. Maybe some 'smooth' lego tops to remove visible the trademark lego connectors running across the top surface ... or is that the point? To make it obviously lego-like.

The top and bottom are made of two layers of Lego plates. There are just two small holes, up on the left and right of the case. It does not seem to be hot in there, but I also did not use the machine a lot, so I have to probe it further.

Soon, I want to digitize six VHS Tapes. This is may be a good ventilation test ^^

HurricaneJames

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:35 am

Nice! Did you make some of the bricks move so the CD drive tray can slide out?
:320: :1600SW: :O2: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: Image

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 am

:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

55cancri

Unread postby 55cancri » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

HurricaneJames wrote:Nice! Did you make some of the bricks move so the CD drive tray can slide out?

Oh, I forgot to mention that it has no CD-ROM drive, but I don't need it.
... and there is also a LED-Strip connected to the CD-ROM-Molex, so the transparent Bricks can shine when machine turned on 8-)

Return to “SGI: Discussion”