SGI Original Stock Ticker/ Historical Stock Data

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
ttcFire

SGI Original Stock Ticker/ Historical Stock Data

Unread postby ttcFire » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm looking for the original ticker that the company IPO'd with in 1986 so I can see some historical stock data. Also, if any of you know sources for their revenue figures that would be great as well.

Dodoid

Re: SGI Original Stock Ticker/ Historical Stock Data

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:42 am

I was unable to find it when researching for my History series, but who knows, it could be out there and I just didn't look hard enough.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:37 pm

You need access to a source that contains information for delisted/defunct stocks. The free/consumer oriented sites tend not to have information for those kinds of securities. If you are near a library, especially a university library, they may subscribe to a service that includes the info, like Thomson ONE. If they don't have access to such a database, you might try the old fashioned approach of looking through some old printed/microfilmed copies of the Wall Street Journal or similar while you are at the library. If you are looking to be very complete, keep in mind that SGI's stock symbol changed a few times, like when it was traded on the OTC market.

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Originally SGI, then SGID.pk (while on OTC market), then SGIC, now apperantly they're SGI again.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:

ttcFire

Unread postby ttcFire » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Ok, I did some more research and found out that the original ticker was SGID. I just can't find a free source to access the data. If any of you know of such a source, please let me know.

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Hmm, OK, I've heard (and reported in my videos) that the original stock was SGI and SGID was only used (in the form of SGID.pk) while on the OTC market. Where did you find this info? I'm interested in having a look.

Thanks in advance

ttcFire

Unread postby ttcFire » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:50 pm

I used a free trial on a service called Global Financial Data. They said their ticker was SGID from 1986-2006 but I can't get any of the data without paying which I can't afford. :(

Return to “SGI: Discussion”