Vintage Computer Festival East - March 31-April 2, 2017

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
jakari

Vintage Computer Festival East - March 31-April 2, 2017

Unread postby jakari » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Long time nekochan.net user, but long out of practice...

Sorry for the late notice, but it may interest anyone in the northeast US that VCF (Vintage Computer Festival) East will be happening this weekend, March 31-April 2, 2017, at the InfoAge Science Center in Wall, New Jersey. This is just about an hour south of NYC.

See http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-east/ for details.

I'll be exhibiting an SGI Indy... it's likely to be the newest and fastest machine on the floor. :) This is a hands-on, live-demo sort of event.

Again, sorry for the late notice! I've been scouring the nekochan forum archives to refresh my memory of what goes where on an Indy and in IRIX, but it just dawned on me 1)I have an account and 2)I should post this!

josehill

Re: Vintage Computer Festival East - March 31-April 2, 2017

Unread postby josehill » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:10 am

Thanks for sharing. I would have liked to attend, but I forgot to block my calendar, and now I have obligations elsewhere. I just signed up for the mailing list, so, as they say in baseball, "Maybe next year!"

Have fun!

Return to “SGI: Discussion”