Old Silicon Graphics Computer Systems mouse pad

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
pierocks
Donor
Donor

Old Silicon Graphics Computer Systems mouse pad

Unread postby pierocks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 am

Anybody have any idea what vintage this mousepad is? I permanently borrowed it from an old job over a decade ago. It was sitting on a desk with an Octane that was hooked up to an ImmersaDesk that hadn't been turned on in years. Every once in a while, I scan ebay for another one, just in case this one wears out...but I have never seen another one pop up.

:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Re: Old Silicon Graphics Computer Systems mouse pad

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Indigo2 IMPACT if I'm not mistaken.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

pierocks
Donor
Donor

Re: Old Silicon Graphics Computer Systems mouse pad

Unread postby pierocks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks. I don't ever recall there being any I2's around the department by the time I got there, but I believe you.

We did have a bunch of Indys that people used as monitor stands, an O2, the aforementioned Octane, an Onyx rack, and a lonely Challenge L deskside sitting unused in a corner in the basement. That O2 was actually the system that sparked my interest in SGI...
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.

Return to “SGI: Discussion”