Page 1 of 1

SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm
by Dodoid


Enjoy!

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 pm
by vishnu
OMG I'd forgotten those songs! They make me want to rip the ears right off my head... ;)

Great video, you are very thoroughgoing with your research. Kudos and thanks... :mrgreen:

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 pm
by Dodoid
vishnu wrote:OMG I'd forgotten those songs! They make me want to rip the ears right off my head... ;)

Great video, you are very thoroughgoing with your research. Kudos and thanks... :mrgreen:


If I'm really bored during the summer I may make a bonus Dodoid video where I hang an Octane/Octane skins with nothing in them by a rope or something and then run a demo to see if it really does "swing with performance".

If it is able to accelerate its immense mass rapidly in either direction with only a 260w power input (typical of Octane, regardless of CPU/GFX load), it is possible infinite electricity could be generated by running a mechanism and generator off of the Octane's swing. Larger scale power plants making use of Origins are also conceivable, and would be able to store power with the supercomputers acting as pendulums that could be re-engaged with generators to harvest kinetic energy at any time.

:mrgreen:

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 am
by Shiunbird
The SGI songs are awful, OMG...

But great episode!

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 am
by vishnu
Dodoid wrote:If I'm really bored during the summer I may make a bonus Dodoid video where I hang an Octane/Octane skins with nothing in them by a rope or something and then run a demo to see if it really does "swing with performance".

If it is able to accelerate its immense mass rapidly in either direction with only a 260w power input (typical of Octane, regardless of CPU/GFX load), it is possible infinite electricity could be generated by running a mechanism and generator off of the Octane's swing. Larger scale power plants making use of Origins are also conceivable, and would be able to store power with the supercomputers acting as pendulums that could be re-engaged with generators to harvest kinetic energy at any time. :mrgreen:


This is an almost Turbo Encabulator worthy concept! :lol:

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm
by uunix
Excellent as usual young chap, and somewhat slower narrative I think..

As for the elephant in the corner, I may as well go ahead..

Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 pm
by Dodoid
uunix wrote:Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?


Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.54.31 PM.png


I was fiddling with a plastic water bottle while editing video. Suction from the bottle (which I had been squeezing and then allowing to expand) caused it to stick to my face, which I allowed it to do, and create a (strangely completely painless) bruise. Didn't even notice until I went to film.

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm
by vishnu
Dodoid wrote:
uunix wrote:Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?


Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.54.31 PM.png

I was fiddling with a plastic water bottle while editing video. Suction from the bottle (which I had been squeezing and then allowing to expand) caused it to stick to my face, which I allowed it to do, and create a (strangely completely painless) bruise. Didn't even notice until I went to film.

Kids science experiments! :lol:

Sorry I had to say it... ;)

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm
by Dodoid
vishnu wrote:
Dodoid wrote:
uunix wrote:Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?


Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.54.31 PM.png

I was fiddling with a plastic water bottle while editing video. Suction from the bottle (which I had been squeezing and then allowing to expand) caused it to stick to my face, which I allowed it to do, and create a (strangely completely painless) bruise. Didn't even notice until I went to film.

Kids science experiments! :lol:

Sorry I had to say it... ;)


BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

Watch what happens when I put this suction on my skin!

*sound effect*

Now, the blood comes up through my skin because of a PRESSURE DIFFERENCE (text appears on screen)

Even once I take the suction away, the blood stays there!

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!