SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Unread postby vishnu » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 pm

OMG I'd forgotten those songs! They make me want to rip the ears right off my head... ;)

Great video, you are very thoroughgoing with your research. Kudos and thanks... :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

Dodoid

Re: SGI History Part 4 is finally done! This episode covers 1996-1997, including the O2, Origin, Onyx 2, Octane, etc.

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 pm

vishnu wrote:OMG I'd forgotten those songs! They make me want to rip the ears right off my head... ;)

Great video, you are very thoroughgoing with your research. Kudos and thanks... :mrgreen:

If I'm really bored during the summer I may make a bonus Dodoid video where I hang an Octane/Octane skins with nothing in them by a rope or something and then run a demo to see if it really does "swing with performance".

If it is able to accelerate its immense mass rapidly in either direction with only a 260w power input (typical of Octane, regardless of CPU/GFX load), it is possible infinite electricity could be generated by running a mechanism and generator off of the Octane's swing. Larger scale power plants making use of Origins are also conceivable, and would be able to store power with the supercomputers acting as pendulums that could be re-engaged with generators to harvest kinetic energy at any time.

:mrgreen:
:Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:

Shiunbird
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Shiunbird » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 am

The SGI songs are awful, OMG...

But great episode!

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 am

Dodoid wrote:If I'm really bored during the summer I may make a bonus Dodoid video where I hang an Octane/Octane skins with nothing in them by a rope or something and then run a demo to see if it really does "swing with performance".

If it is able to accelerate its immense mass rapidly in either direction with only a 260w power input (typical of Octane, regardless of CPU/GFX load), it is possible infinite electricity could be generated by running a mechanism and generator off of the Octane's swing. Larger scale power plants making use of Origins are also conceivable, and would be able to store power with the supercomputers acting as pendulums that could be re-engaged with generators to harvest kinetic energy at any time. :mrgreen:

This is an almost Turbo Encabulator worthy concept! :lol:
Project:
Plan:

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Excellent as usual young chap, and somewhat slower narrative I think..

As for the elephant in the corner, I may as well go ahead..

Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Fuel: :Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 pm

uunix wrote:Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 3.54.31 PM.png

I was fiddling with a plastic water bottle while editing video. Suction from the bottle (which I had been squeezing and then allowing to expand) caused it to stick to my face, which I allowed it to do, and create a (strangely completely painless) bruise. Didn't even notice until I went to film.

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Dodoid wrote:
uunix wrote:Can one asked, did you get yourself roughed up by those SCO scoundrels?

I was fiddling with a plastic water bottle while editing video. Suction from the bottle (which I had been squeezing and then allowing to expand) caused it to stick to my face, which I allowed it to do, and create a (strangely completely painless) bruise. Didn't even notice until I went to film.

Kids science experiments! :lol:

Sorry I had to say it... ;)
Project:
Plan:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm

vishnu wrote:
Dodoid wrote:

Kids science experiments! :lol:

Sorry I had to say it... ;)

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

Watch what happens when I put this suction on my skin!

*sound effect*

Now, the blood comes up through my skin because of a PRESSURE DIFFERENCE (text appears on screen)

Even once I take the suction away, the blood stays there!

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

Return to “SGI: Discussion”