Part 2 of my SGI history series is done! Any thoughts?

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Dodoid

Part 2 of my SGI history series is done! Any thoughts?

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:52 am

Part 2 covers from the release of the Indigo to the release of the Indy. Surprisingly, this is a whole video worth of content.

https://youtu.be/-jEx1DgHmQg
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

sgifanatic

Re: Part 2 of my SGI history series is done! Any thoughts?

Unread postby sgifanatic » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:00 am

Great content, great video.

I know you've heard this before when you posted part I, but please try to modulate the speed of your delivery... speak a bit slower. I understand everything you're saying but all my mental effort is spent decoding words. One doesn't have much time to really enjoy your wonderful research and brilliant content. I am going to download your youtube videos and play them in VLC at a slower speed :-)
--
:Octane2: 2 x :Octane: 2 x :O2: 4 x :Indigo: :Fuel: 20 x :Indy: 15 x :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: BeBox133 NextCube 3 x NextStation PcJr Gateway486DX25 XTClone8088 ATTPC Tandy100 Atari800 Atari1040ST C64 Amiga CommodorePET Kaypro 2 x Osborne RS/6000 PS/2Model60 SparcStation5 AppleLisa SE/30 2 x MacColorClassic MacClassic 3 x FujitsuStylistics CompaqPortable Audrey ToshibaLibretto20 Tandy1400LT MacClamshell 2 x PowerMacG4Tower PowerMacG4Cube Dozens x x86/ARM/tablets/embedded and assorted...

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 am

sgifanatic wrote:Great content, great video.

I know you've heard this before when you posted part I, but please try to modulate the speed of your delivery... speak a bit slower. I understand everything you're saying but all my mental effort is spent decoding words. One doesn't have much time to really enjoy your wonderful research and brilliant content. I am going to download your youtube videos and play them in VLC at a slower speed :-)

Oh dear, I did try to slow it down in this episode, guess I need to go even slower.
YouTube supports slowing down playback, it's under the settings menu.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:

Geoman
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Geoman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:50 am

Well done! This time you speak slower.

BTW: Nice Indy you've got there!
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 am

Geoman wrote:Well done! This time you speak slower.

BTW: Nice Indy you've got there!

Yeah, I know I keep waving the Indy around. Next time, I get to wave an O2 around!

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Still fast but much better.. good show!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kotomo

Unread postby Kotomo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Great vid! You have improved your speech. I am sure with more practice you'll get the hang of narrating videos. :)
:Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Fuel: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2000: :O2000:

pilot345

Unread postby pilot345 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Wow, awesome video packed full of useful information.

Reaaaaallly hard to follow though with your high speed narration. Pleaseeee slow it down a little more in future videos, I actually had to slow down the playback to be able to follow what you were saying. There was so much information packed into there, it almost seemed like you were trying to cram it into a fixed timeline or something with the high speed.

Best way to describe it, is like a presentation in school where the presenter is nervous and in a hurry to get off of the stage/off camera. Your speech was fine, and information well organized, no need to be nervous about it all.

I've been into SGI's for quite a while now, and I still managed to learn a lot from your videos. You've put together a great series so far, covering SGI history... keep em coming! Thanks man!

Return to “SGI: Discussion”