I made a YouTube video about my O2. Any thoughts?

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Dodoid

I made a YouTube video about my O2. Any thoughts?

Unread postby Dodoid » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Hello! Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1WEnKM2So

I hope it's better than the usual "shaky footage of machine on grimy table followed by shaky footage of monitor" :D

Editing was a little rushed, I didn't have much time. More SGI videos are to come, probably Octane next, not sure if I will have some other video in between this one and the next SGI related one, chances are not very many of my current subscribers knew about SGI beyond the name before this video so I don't want to saturate the channel.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

Geoman
Donor
Donor

Re: I made a YouTube video about my O2. Any thoughts?

Unread postby Geoman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 am

Showing oneself publicly in front of a camera is a brave thing in itself and is very much appreciated!

I like your style and quality of filming - you bring some fresh impulses to the Nekochan/SGI community!

Hats off and thank you! :O2: :O2: :O2: :D :D :D
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:22 am

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Nice video.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Geoman wrote:Showing oneself publicly in front of a camera is a brave thing in itself and is very much appreciated!

I like your style and quality of filming - you bring some fresh impulses to the Nekochan/SGI community!

Video is brilliant.. but like Geoman says.. showing oneself is very brave.. I'm guessing you're after the geek chicks.. ;)

Which does lead to a question...

What's best.. A partner that shows an interest in what you do, or one that it clueless?

I Like my wife.. she thinks I work 24/7... (currently trying to get XVM to at least like one FSCKING DISK!!!!! :twisted: )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:02 pm

uunix wrote:
Geoman wrote:Showing oneself publicly in front of a camera is a brave thing in itself and is very much appreciated!

Video is brilliant.. but like Geoman says.. showing oneself is very brave.. I'm guessing you're after the geek chicks.. ;)

Which does lead to a question...

What's best.. A partner that shows an interest in what you do, or one that it clueless?

I Like my wife.. she thinks I work 24/7... (currently trying to get XVM to at least like one FSCKING DISK!!!!! :twisted: )

I would guess one that is at least somewhat interested? Even my very non-technical mom likes my SGIs though, mainly just due to their design and appearance.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Good luck hoisting your Octane up like that in your next video... :lol: 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Dodoid wrote:I would guess one that is at least somewhat interested? Even my very non-technical mom likes my SGIs though, mainly just due to their design and appearance.

design and appearance.. is that two sides of the same coin?

And not delving into any 'your're mom' type lines.. how old is she?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 pm

uunix wrote:
Dodoid wrote:I would guess one that is at least somewhat interested? Even my very non-technical mom likes my SGIs though, mainly just due to their design and appearance.

design and appearance.. is that two sides of the same coin?

And not delving into any 'your're mom' type lines.. how old is she?

Around 40.

vishnu wrote:Good luck hoisting your Octane up like that in your next video... :lol: 8-)

Just checked. I can in fact lift an Octane to head level while sitting. Whether or not it's a good idea to do in front of my dual 4K monitors is another question.
Last edited by foetz on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Dodoid wrote:Just checked. I can in fact lift an Octane to head level while sitting. Whether or not it's a good idea to do in front of my dual 4K monitors is another question.

Ah, but is it a single CPU or dual CPU Octane? :lol:

What's the name of the first movie in your video, the one with the girl and the Indy?
Project:
Plan:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:27 pm

vishnu wrote:
Dodoid wrote:Just checked. I can in fact lift an Octane to head level while sitting. Whether or not it's a good idea to do in front of my dual 4K monitors is another question.

Ah, but is it a single CPU or dual CPU Octane? :lol:

What's the name of the first movie in your video, the one with the girl and the Indy?

Thankfully, I have a dual CPU octane (with the shoebox, which makes it even heavier) to put on the table and use for the majority of the video, and two single CPU octanes for any scene where I have to hold the thing.

The Peacemaker. Didn't bother watching the entire film, apperantly it's kind of crap, but it has Indys in it so it goes in the video.

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Dodoid wrote:Thankfully, I have a dual CPU octane (with the shoebox, which makes it even heavier) to put on the table and use for the majority of the video, and two single CPU octanes for any scene where I have to hold the thing.

I've lifted my Octane2 up a few times, it ain't fun! :x

Dodoid wrote:The Peacemaker. Didn't bother watching the entire film, apperantly it's kind of crap, but it has Indys in it so it goes in the video.

Ah, so it's Nicole Kidman! At first I thought it was Tea Leoni in Jurassic Park III. By a coincidence that may seem strange I have Nicole Kidman as one of the images that xscreensaver rotates through in a few of its hacks:
Attachments
nicole_kidman.jpg
Project:
Plan:

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:58 pm

vishnu wrote:I've lifted my Octane2 up a few times, it ain't fun! :x

Back injury waiting to happen. You can only imagine the saga it was dragging the 2 smuggled Octanes out of the basement, up two flights of stairs and down a hallway.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

robespierre

Unread postby robespierre » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I think smuggling 4D/210's is more interesting. :twisted:
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Krokodil wrote:
vishnu wrote:I've lifted my Octane2 up a few times, it ain't fun! :x

Back injury waiting to happen. You can only imagine the saga it was dragging the 2 smuggled Octanes out of the basement, up two flights of stairs and down a hallway.

When I got all my SGI stuff 2 weeks ago it was quite the workout. My dad was going to a nearby city for business, so he was able to pick them up there. Not a problem so far. In between my house and that city is my cottage, which my family was going to anyway, so we went there. When we got there, my dad had just placed the SGIs around the room, which was understandable as he didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with them or what bits had to go where. I first carried them into the back room, which was the nearest place they could be neatly packed away, but my mom wanted them out of the way, so I kept just my O2 downstairs and backtracked through the main room, hauling the whole load seen in my signature and two very large boxes of spare parts upstairs. Of course, when we left the cottage I had to load them into the car, which isn't that near the door of my cottage. The issue was it was raining. A bit of garbage bag covering later, I was able to get the Indigo2 out to the car somewhat easily, but carrying an dual CPU Octane with shoebox wrapped in a slippery garbage bag without dropping it or scratching yourself on a protruding piece of metal was another story. The single cpu machines were only slightly easier. Carrying the Indys (especially the one that's missing some parts) last felt like I wasn't carrying anything at all. The car actually struggled to get up the wet, pine needle covered hill thanks to the trunkload of workstations. Once home, I had carry the entire load up the flight of twenty-odd stairs to my house, which is also on a hill, and then back down to the basement once inside.

At least I never have to mo- oh wait my white background and camera are upstairs, nevermind, more Octane lifting.

Return to “SGI: Discussion”