SGI Posters / marketing

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Keyframe

SGI Posters / marketing

Unread postby Keyframe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:19 pm

As a wee lad in 90s I had a poster I got from SGI (in Europe) that had a big Onyx on it, a desk and a car. All CG. It was a calendar set in the far future. They exploited the neat thing that same years in the future corresponded with the exact same dates as the years in the 90s this poster was printed in.

It has since passed a lot of time and I don't have the poster anymore. Does anyone know the poster I'm talking about?

I had a bunch of other promo posters I got from SGI back then, but damnit I lost them all over time.

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Re: SGI Posters / marketing

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:02 am

Not the one you're talking about I think, but I made a poster of this one:
Attachments
Poster-OnyxRE2.jpg
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

Keyframe

Re: SGI Posters / marketing

Unread postby Keyframe » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:24 pm

That's a fantastic image :)

Return to “SGI: Discussion”