New Baby in the Family

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
blackcube

New Baby in the Family

Unread postby blackcube » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:43 am

My new baby arrived Friday. It's a R10000 Octane, 512mb ram, 13gb hard drive, Iris 6.5 and ESI graphics. I wish it was MXI, but I'll upgrade later. It has history. The login graphic is freom Lockheed-Martin Tactical Fighter Group in Ft Worth, home of the F-16 assembly line as well as sub-assembly work on the F-22 Raptor and assembly line for the F/A35 Joint Attack Fighter.

It has a few scratches on the skins as would be expected, but they are mostly on the top. I'll probably put the granite CD-ROM housing on top, so they will be covered. I did Kurt Huhn's LED light bar mod this morning, so the formerly dead light bar is now a brilliant blue. Really looked neat before dawn, sitting over at the end of the office. Since it has the exciting name of BR549, I need to rename it. The blue LED really looks like a single eye glowing at you. Maybe I should name it "Gort" after the robot in "The Day the Earth Stood Still". He had a single glowing eye behind a dark visor that pulsated right before he destroyed someting/someone.

Check out this link. Looks just like the Octane light bar!

http://members.yourlink.net/jgerard/gort/

squeen

Unread postby squeen » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:45 am

Congradulations! I think Gort is quite appropriate.

Shtoink

Unread postby Shtoink » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:53 pm

I have to agree! Gort would be a great name... :D

Dubhthach

Unread postby Dubhthach » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:10 pm

aye other then it been the word for "field" in irish :P :lol:

Return to “SGI: Discussion”