Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 am 

hamei wrote:
I'm working on a six-spindle high-performance guillotine now, just in case they decide to grow some balls one day. Doing it on the Fuel, too, R10 :P

Wildfire 3?! :shock:

World domination! Or something...

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 pm 

vishnu wrote:

2. Almost all the changes to 3 were in the machining part ... alas, no more machines here :(

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 pm 

hamei wrote:
They are even more at home at hahvud, where they were originated. What a load of stupid blather, but that's what y'all want to hear now. People who have actual experience, who have been in the real world ? No way, we can sell seminars with Action Item ! And Larry Page ! And Carly Fiorina ! Bernie Madoff ! Kenny-boy Lay ! Successful men in Business !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azpxHbUy ... plpp_video
Not sure if I've shared this story here before or not but the above beeer advertisement brought it to mind and it almost seems relevant.
Quote:
An American management consultant, on holiday in a Mediterranean fishing village, watched a little fishing boat dock at the quayside. Noting the quality of the fish, the consultant asked the fisherman how long it had taken to catch them.
"Not very long." answered the fisherman.
"Then, why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the consultant.
The fisherman explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.
The consultant asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"
"I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, have an afternoon's rest under a big tree. In the evenings, I go into the community hall to see my friends, have a few beers, play the drums, and sing a few songs..... I have a full and happy life." replied the fisherman.
The consultant ventured, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you...... You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat. With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have a large fleet. Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to a city here or maybe even in the United States, from where you can direct your huge enterprise."
"How long would that take?" asked the fisherman.
"Oh, ten, maybe twenty years." replied the consultant.
"And after that?" asked the fisherman.
"After that? That's when it gets really interesting," answered the consultant, laughing, "When your business gets really big, you can start selling shares in your company and make millions!"
"Millions? Really? And after that?" pressed the fisherman.
"After that you'll be able to retire, move out to a small village by the sea, sleep in late every day, spend time with your family, go fishing, take afternoon naps under a coconut tree, and spend relaxing evenings havings drinks with friends..."

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm 

hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote:

2. Almost all the changes to 3 were in the machining part ... alas, no more machines here :(
I've got Catia Version 5 Release 16, it is muy awesome... :mrgreen:

guardian452 wrote:
"Millions? Really? And after that?" pressed the fisherman.
"After that you'll be able to retire, move out to a small village by the sea, sleep in late every day, spend time with your family, go fishing, take afternoon naps under a coconut tree, and spend relaxing evenings havings drinks with friends..."
But think of the value he added to the International Economy, at the expense of all those poor little fishies.... :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 pm 

vishnu wrote:
I've got Catia Version 5 Release 16, it is muy awesome... :mrgreen:

I keep meaning to look at that but ... so much software, so little time :( And I hate Windows ......

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:35 am 

hamei wrote:
I keep meaning to look at that but ... so much software, so little time :( And I hate Windows ......
I hate Windows too, that's why I run the Irix version. :mrgreen: As an aside, in what is probably the most ambitious CAD project ever those crazy-assed mofos at Northop Grumman used Catia to model the entire ship of the brand spankin' new Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/cvn-21/

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 am 

vishnu wrote:
... Northop Grumman used Catia to model the entire ship of the brand spankin' new Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier ...

The Gerald R Ford classs ? Jesus H Christ, do they have MBA's running the Navy now, too ? Gerald R Ford ? With all the real talent the navy has had over the centuries, they can only come up with Gerald R Ford ? Why don't they just cut to the chase and call it the Larry, Moe and Shemp ?

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am 

hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote:
... Northop Grumman used Catia to model the entire ship of the brand spankin' new Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier ...

The Gerald R Ford classs ? Jesus H Christ, do they have MBA's running the Navy now, too ? Gerald R Ford ? With all the real talent the navy has had over the centuries, they can only come up with Gerald R Ford ? Why don't they just cut to the chase and call it the Larry, Moe and Shemp ?

Don't you know that's the new solution to everything? Government needs to run more like a business! We need a profit! a product! a bottom line!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm 

What about the new Elmo R. Zumwalt class destroyer? No, I'm not kidding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumwalt_class_destroyer

We, or rather, the place of my employ, are making the 6-inch gun mounts for the beasts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Gun_System

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:12 pm 

guardian452 wrote:
hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote:

Don't you know that's the new solution to everything? Government needs to run more like a business! We need a profit! a product! a bottom line!

Corporate sponsorship! We could have the "Mickey Mouse - class carriers" next

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 am 

SAQ wrote:
Corporate sponsorship! We could have the "Mickey Mouse - class carriers" next
Or better yet, Mickey Mouse class Star Destroyers!