WTB: Multilink or equivalent, or where to get them nowadays?

Searching for hard-to-find gear? A post in here might just shake something loose!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
javier911

WTB: Multilink or equivalent, or where to get them nowadays?

Unread postby javier911 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:32 pm

I have a few 1600sw monitors I'd like to put to use but it's so hard to find multilinks or equivalents now, only some occasionally appear on eBay but often for ridiculous prices or paired with monitors also for ridiculous prices and/or ridiculous shipping. I did find a decent deal for one on eBay last year but never got it working, light on MLA would turn green but monitor always stayed black.

kubatyszko
Donor
Donor

Re: WTB: Multilink or equivalent, or where to get them nowadays?

Unread postby kubatyszko » Mon May 22, 2017 11:05 pm

You might have better luck finding a GFX 1600 SW PCI card and simply wiring up power (5v, 3.3v and ground) to it - it won't look pretty but it should be cheap. The card was meant for ordinary PC's and is basically multilink in a PCI form factor.

As far as multilink - I've repaired a couple of them simply by replacing capacitors, I vaguely recall chopped image on the screen and hissing noise coming out. I don't remember ever seeing plain black screen though.
Designer of Fuel ATX PSU adapter board : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16730291&p=7386863#p7386400
(now ships from USA)

javier911

Unread postby javier911 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks, I have been looking for all the different adapters and I did manage to find one Dr. Bott adapter for a decent (relatively speaking ha) price, it's on the way, I hope :). I have a few 1600sw's though so maybe I'll keep looking for others, any suggestions on where to look besides eBay?

I posted in the hardware subforum to see if I can figure out whether or not my MLA is junk, if you wanna have a look.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16731940&p=7401120

Hombre71
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Hombre71 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:16 am

Bump! I am (clearly) also interested in MLA or equivalent, at a reasonable price...
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

Timaj

Unread postby Timaj » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am

I have PIX-link 1600sw from PIXsolution Group I can spare. PM if you are interested.

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Hombre71 wrote:Bump! I am (clearly) also interested in MLA or equivalent, at a reasonable price...

I have two, I will send you for postage, unsure if they work though. Do you have a power supply? Think I have one.
[edit] I say they don't work, but when you press the function button, it displays perfectly the menu item.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hombre71
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Hombre71 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 pm

uunix wrote:
Hombre71 wrote:Bump! I am (clearly) also interested in MLA or equivalent, at a reasonable price...

I have two, I will send you for postage, unsure if they work though. Do you have a power supply? Think I have one.
[edit] I say they don't work, but when you press the function button, it displays perfectly the menu item.

Thanks for the kind offer. Email sent, Cheers!
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

Return to “Hardware Wanted”