Any cheap Tezro's?

Searching for hard-to-find gear? A post in here might just shake something loose!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
tjsgifan
Donor
Donor

Any cheap Tezro's?

Unread postby tjsgifan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:45 am

Hello all,

Has anyone seen any 4 CPU Tezros anywhere for a reasonable price? Don't really mind the spec, just want a 4 CPU machine to replace an Dual CPU Octane...

Let me know if you see anything!

Thanks,

tjsgifan
In order of use at the moment..... :Fuel: :O3000:

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.

pentium

Unread postby pentium » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 am

Good luck. :wink:
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

zolotroph

Re: Any cheap Tezro's?

Unread postby zolotroph » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:32 am

tjsgifan wrote:Hello all,

Has anyone seen any 4 CPU Tezros anywhere for a reasonable price? Don't really mind the spec, just want a 4 CPU machine to replace an Dual CPU Octane...

Let me know if you see anything!

Thanks,

tjsgifan

I'll hazard a guess that SGI's total Tezro sales were maybe 3-5% of their total Octane2 sales at best. Therefore, you're already starting with a very small number. Anyone who bought a Tezro is probably going to be using it for at least 2 more years, so I don't think that we'll be seeing any on the used market for a while at prices that mere mortals and SGI enthusiasts can afford.

SAQ

Unread postby SAQ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Analogy:

Tezro -> IRIS
as
VAX 4000/108 -> VAX

They'll almost definitely be coveted & held onto by companies for a while because they're small (ish) and fast, and they'll run that one program that hasn't been ported. Your best chance will be being in the right place at the right time, because resellers will also like them.

Return to “Hardware Wanted”