BIG SGI AUCTION IN LOS ANGELES

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
SMD123

BIG SGI AUCTION IN LOS ANGELES

Unread postby SMD123 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:21 am

Boss Computers Closed its operation, and is holding a closeout auction for all its SGI systems and parts inventory.

Inspection Date: 1 June, 2005, from 9 a.m to 8 p.m and day of auction 8-10.

Auction Date: 2 June, 2005, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m

For more information call: 310-465-7087

Auction Location: 11001 South Prairie Avenue, Unit E, Inglewood, CA 90303

Direction from LA downtown: take 110 freeway south
Take fwy 105 Est,
Exit in Prairie Ave. and make a left turn.
Go for two block on Prairie Ave, the building will be on your left hand side.

SMD123

correction SGI Auction In Los Angeles

Unread postby SMD123 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 am

Correct direction from LA downtown is:
take 110 freeway south
Take fwy 105 West (not East),
Exit in Prairie Ave. and make a left turn on Prairie.

Inspection: morning of auction from 8 a.m to 10 a.m

For more information call: 310-465-70872

choza

Unread postby choza » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:47 pm

AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

please next time post earlier please :cry: :cry:

i could fly there for they day only and come back....
more crying......

choza

Unread postby choza » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:54 pm

calming down now.... from where can i get such kind of info in a future??

requesting bidding service for:
tezro
Octane2 fully loaded
Onyx 350, 4
storage systems...
:lol:

Does it has a live auction??? i mean by a webpage... regards
heard some times it happens

mia

Re: BIG SGI AUCTION IN LOS ANGELES

Unread postby mia » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:13 pm

SMD123 wrote:Boss Computers Closed its operation, and is holding a closeout auction for all its SGI systems and parts inventory.

Inspection Date: 1 June, 2005, from 9 a.m to 8 p.m and day of auction 8-10.

Auction Date: 2 June, 2005, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m

For more information call: 310-465-7087

Auction Location: 11001 South Prairie Avenue, Unit E, Inglewood, CA 90303

Direction from LA downtown: take 110 freeway south
Take fwy 105 Est,
Exit in Prairie Ave. and make a left turn.

Damn, too bad I didn't know about this before, I would have drove there.

Richtom1

Unread postby Richtom1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:52 pm

Can anyone report what the auction was like as far as items auctioned off and any good deals? Richard

unixmuseum

Unread postby unixmuseum » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Richtom1 wrote:Can anyone report what the auction was like as far as items auctioned off and any good deals? Richard

Well, I went after the end of the auction(
Got meself an Origin2000 though :D )

Nothing of much value was left, and I watched piles of Indigo2, Indy and Indigo (to the excess of 25 of each) being sent to the garbage disposal :cry:

And apparently, there were a bunch of usually expensive parts (like dual 400) that went for ~$15... Dak mentionned a couple of boxes: one box filled with Octane CPUs ( including dual 400) that went for $50, and one filled with Octane motherboards/cards that went for $30...

Don't worry, all that stuff is going to show up on ebay soon...

When the bidding war goes on, I hope everybody will remember the ebay sellers have paid $10 max for a dual 400... :cry: :lol: :D

choza

Unread postby choza » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:42 pm

unixmuseum wrote:expensive parts (like dual 400) that went for ~$15...

feeling sick :?

btw did you bought any of those?? :wink:

unixmuseum

Unread postby unixmuseum » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:52 pm

choza wrote:
unixmuseum wrote:expensive parts (like dual 400) that went for ~$15...

feeling sick :?

Hey man, don't worry, you'll have the great opportunity to fight for them on ebay :lol: I certainly hope there is going to be a general boycot of sgi parts sold from LA on ebay!
choza wrote:btw did you bought any of those?? :wink:

No, I went after the fact...

Arguably I missed some excellent deals, but I coulnd't stand the sight of the leeches and vultures (although I saw a couple shoveling gobbles of Indys & Octanes in a van).

choza

Unread postby choza » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:45 am

unixmuseum wrote:Hey man, don't worry, you'll have the great opportunity to fight for them on ebay

you kidding???!!!!....no way, will always have irewoulfe behind my biddings,
I think it is like a sport for him, bidding just after those 12 final secs, and outbid others.

Ebay situation in good SGI stuff auctions changed a lot since a few months.
I remember V12 for 800 usd, thats the most vivid one to me.
I remember guys saying about prices would be dropping in few months, and after a year or so, a V12 would be bargain... it is going to be a year or so I bought my octane (cant remember exactly) but the situation took another direction, V12 reserve prices are about 1000!!!, Dual 400 for 400 or more, nevermind about dual 600, it just dont make sense for uncontinued (One of the greatest stuff in the world i must say) hardware from a company (knocking wood ) that is going down :cry:

When i bought my octane thought, well, i dont have the money for a high performance one, lets just buy one with xbow 1.4, latest IP30, and cherokee PSU, then i can upgrade it in a future with "low shipping cost" stuff (gfx card, cpu...) to a fully loaded monster. ( i took the chance from a friend doing a freight at the moment)
Ok, let me say the situation now is by far different, well you already know it.

well i wont continue talking about this, it has no point and doesnt contribute anything to the community (nekochan)...

Richtom1

Unread postby Richtom1 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:25 am

Unbelieveable is the only word to describe that auction with the prices paid and what was thrown away!! :shock: ........AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Maybe there was an IMCOM lurking in one of those Indigo2's, Octane video boards, memory, cardcages and the list goes on and on :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am sure people came from all over the California area and not just the LA area. With what might be flooding ebay shortly I'm wondering if we need to boycott just auctions based in LA or expand our area?

I guess their motto is "Do unto others before they do it to you".

Looks like I'll have to get my map out when I see an auction from California and see how close they are to LA plus look at the other SGI auctions they have going at the same time. BUT there will be people from all over (unaware of that auction and prices paid) bidding on them.

It's a shame that it seems like some people have this ego thing (for lack of a better word) that they HAVE to bid on almost everthing they see related to SGI and that drives the prices UP > UP > UP. Although I did notice the last time I looked the guy selling that Fuel hadn't sold it and he lowered the price a little bit. That sticks in my mind because a Nekochaner posted that he contacted the seller with an offer and the guy, in so many words, just blew him off and said he could get more than was offered for it......Ha.....Ha....Ha

Richard

Brombear

Unread postby Brombear » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:38 am

I do not understand why so much people have an ethical problem with it. Thats the way it works and I am sure that most of you have done similar things ... maybe not related with sgi equipment. The price for a part on ebay is determined by the seller and the buyer. If an actual item is worth the pricce for the buyer, he will buy. That worthiness does not lower only because the seller got the part nearly cheap.

Still wondering

Matthias
Life is what happens while we are making other plans

Intel-OUTSIDE

Unread postby Intel-OUTSIDE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:04 am

unixmuseum wrote: I watched piles of Indigo2, Indy and Indigo (to the excess of 25 of each) being sent to the garbage disposal :cry:

And apparently, there were a bunch of usually expensive parts (like dual 400) that went for ~$15... Dak mentionned a couple of boxes: one box filled with Octane CPUs ( including dual 400) that went for $50, and one filled with Octane motherboards/cards that went for $30...

this kind of crap just makes me so angry,
if they had bay'd it in the first place instead of using a (useless) auction company they would obviously have made atleast 10x what they did, maybe even 50x.

this stupidity is why america has no industry left, the management types all come from the wrong gene-pool and have a genetic defenct in there brain.

other country's are not great, but america is the worst for this kind of stupid shit,
and like anywhere else the regular staff could have run the company 1000x better.

like somebody said earlyer - that $30 indigo2 being crushed/burned may have contained a gig of ram and a $300 video combination.

only an idiot would throw out a box without checking the contents.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:14 am

Brombear wrote:I do not understand why so much people have an ethical problem with it. Thats the way it works ...

Still wondering

The only beef I have is with sniping on eBay. That's not an auction, it's a connection-speed contest. The honesty of on-line auctions can leave a lot to be desired, too, but that's another subject.

Intel-OUTSIDE

Unread postby Intel-OUTSIDE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:30 am

i dont have a problem with sniping,
at the end of the day if they are willing to enter a higher value then they win, if not then i win.

what i do have a problem with is automated bidding services (auto-snipers?) and fucking sellers with a hidden reserve.

i have asked sellers several times what the reserve is and they never say,
i dont have time to play stupid games when the same item is available from several sellers, so i just say "fuck-them".

most items starting at $1 with a hidden reserve and an average ebay value of over $50 never sell, but the sellers never learn.

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”