Husky FS/2 Ruggedized MS-DOS handheld computer - $20 (Arlington, VA pickup) [updated]

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
sp222

Husky FS/2 Ruggedized MS-DOS handheld computer - $20 (Arlington, VA pickup) [updated]

Unread postby sp222 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Ruggedized handheld running MS-DOS 3.30 with an 8086 CPU.
More info available at:
http://www.handheldsystems.com/handheld ... s2/fs2.htm

The FS/2 is built like a tank, it's really sturdy. Before I acquired it, it was used in the timber industry in Oregon. This unit has some cosmetic wear and tear, but it works fine. It has two issues: the LCD backlight doesn't work (only an issue in the dark), and there are a few scratches on the LCD screen, though all the characters are still readable. See pictures.

The Husky comes with a data transfer cable that connects to a 9-pin serial port. The unit uses three AA batteries. It also comes with a power adapter for charging batteries. However, since I don't have any rechargeable batteries (I've always put regular AA batteries in the unit), I have not had a chance to test the power adapter. I don't have a printed instructions manual, but I can provide a manual in PDF format as well as a DOS program to transfer files via the data cable.

$20; will also consider trades for other retro computing hardware. Due to the weight of this unit and low price, it's not worth for me to ship it. Therefore, this item is for pickup only in Arlington, VA.

H01_s.jpg

H02_s.jpg

H03_s.jpg

H04_s.jpg

H05_s.jpg

H06_s.jpg

H07_s.jpg

H08_s.jpg

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”