[EBAY] Weird Indigo Thing

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Dodoid

[EBAY] Weird Indigo Thing

Unread postby Dodoid » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 am

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SGI-Indigo-Work ... 3371801441

What is this? It appears to have a wider DBxWy connector than the regular DB13W3, a DB22W3. It says it's for an Indigo, and is reasonably cheap, but the part number doesn't turn up anything, and I can't find any other pictures of something that might be related to it (having a DB22W3 connector). It's clearly for video, but I don't think the Galileo used DB22W3 and I know for a fact that the Video Creator, which I own despite not owning an Indigo, connects via SCSI or VME, not that weird thing.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

robespierre

Re: [EBAY] Weird Indigo Thing

Unread postby robespierre » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:07 pm

It is the breakout box for the multiple channel option for MGRAS (Indigo2 Impact or Octane), called the ICO (Impact Channel Option).
It allows 4 graphics channels from a single Impact board to which it is connected, also adding support for field-sequential video.

See posts here and here.

The item in that auction appears to have been monkeyed with and may not be wired correctly.

BTW, that connector is called a DC25W3.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

pentium

Unread postby pentium » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Kennewick, eh?

Hmm, I wonder if this is another surplused relic from a particular nearby atomic complex. ;)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

pauliedweasel

Unread postby pauliedweasel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 am

That thing has been on Ebay for months, I was thinking of bidding on it until I noticed that the shell halves appeared to to have a broken locking tab and wouldn't lock together.

pentium

Unread postby pentium » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:53 am

Looks like it was dropped off a table and split along the glue joint. I don't see any indication it's been modified.
If I had the multi-head board I'd totally grab that but I double checked and alas I do not. :(
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”