FS: Onyx2, 4x300MHz, 4GB RAM, IR2E graphics (qty: 2 available)

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

FS: Onyx2, 4x300MHz, 4GB RAM, IR2E graphics (qty: 2 available)

Unread postby jan-jaap » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 am

Trying to find a new home for these two. Local pickup (Nijmegen/The Netherlands, less than 10km from the German border). Asking 250EUR each.

Basic specs:
* 4x 300MHz R12000 CPUs (two nodeboards)
* 4GB RAM (2GB per nodeboard)
* IR2E graphics: GE16-4, one RM9, DG5-2
* A PCI shoehorn, currently empty, but I'll throw in a gig ethernet card.
* everything else you'd expect in an Onyx2 deskside: IO6G, PSU, cdrom, disk, etc etc

* I should have some XIO FC adapters and DIVO boards I can throw in for a little extra.

They are the "rack mounted deskside" flavor, so they have a metal front 'skin' and other parts to mount them in a rack, but lack the wheelbase. You can also simply put it on the floor if you don't want to rack it. Dimensions in cm: 66(H) x 48(W) x 50(D).

They've been used for software development at $WORK so I'll have to wipe the disk and reload IRIX. The scratch on the front of system #1 is due to the camera flash and normally not noticeable.

Some photos:
IMG_5966a.jpg
System #1 (front)
IMG_5967a.jpg
System #1 (back)
IMG_5965a.jpg
System #2 (front)

(the 19" rack is not included, nor any of the other systems in it).
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Re: FS: Onyx2, 4x300MHz, 4GB RAM, IR2E graphics (qty: 2 available)

Unread postby jan-jaap » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:25 am

claimed!
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”