Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 am

Irinikus wrote:It isn't in the best cosmetic condition, but it looks like it could be a good machine considering the option cards it has installed including a DCD!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SGI-Silicon-Graphics-Tezro-CMN027-Vintage-Computer-nr-1/182708796548?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The seller has two machines for sale


Thanks Irinkus!
Attachments
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0375.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0366.JPG
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:26 am

Irinikus wrote:Both of them are still available, the one with the lower price doesn't have a buy it now option, so you will have to bid on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sgi-silicon-graphics-tezro-cmn027-vintage-computer-nr-2/182708783183

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sgi-silicon-graphics-tezro-cmn027-vintage-computer-nr-1/182708796548


I was too tired to remember too look at the other one whilst I was there. They are still
selling it, both on their site and and on ebay, though the price has gone up. Maybe they are
trying to eek more revenue to cover the lower selling price on mine 8-)
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 am

dexter1 wrote:
Geoman wrote:I am tempted, but I also worry about the "untested" condition...

Exactly, so i've sent them an email with request for more info. It should simply be a 5 minute effort to hook up a DVI monitor and PS/2 keyboard to go to the command prompt and photograph a 'hinv -v' which is exactly what i've asked them to do. Let's hope for a reply.

I do hope they have a professional attitude and provide the extra information. For that starting price i expect a little bit of service. And promising to ship a 30kg machine with plastic shells all over the world sounds a daunting task and will take quite some time to get it packaged properly (that is a bit of conjecture on my part, apologies).


These guys are young guys, operating a bit warehouse stacked with mainly old audio equipment, they can't be bothered. They were quite nice to deal with in person if you
can look through appearances.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

User avatar
Irinikus
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Irinikus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 am

Nice one!

It's great to see that you went for it!

Did you manage to get them to lower their asking price?

I know its an assumption, but if a system has that arrangement of option cards installed with a DCD option, it more than likely has a V12 installed as well, and its good to see that that was the case with your machine! :D

You've got a good base system to work with. If you are not happy with the cosmetic appearance of the plastics, over time you will be able to source good ones!

At least, now you've got good a system with decent specs that works! :D
Image................. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image; Image...... Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image;
Image Image; Image........... Image; Image... Image Image............ Here they are: :arrow:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 am

Irinikus wrote:Nice one!

It's great to see that you went for it!

Did you manage to get them to lower their asking price?

I know its an assumption, but if a system has that arrangement of option cards installed with a DCD option, it more than likely has a V12 installed as well, and its good to see that that was the case with your machine! :D

You've got a good base system to work with. If you are not happy with the cosmetic appearance of the plastics, over time you will be able to source good ones!

At least, now you've got good a system with decent specs that works! :D


Yes, I ended up paying seven hundred euro for it....
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

User avatar
dexter1
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2743
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:57 am
Location: Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby dexter1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:54 am

Congratz Hombre71! You must have a lucky charm, because it seems your online gambles always pay off :)

Do preserve that disk with the Smoke setup and make a backup as well.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 am

dexter1 wrote:Congratz Hombre71! You must have a lucky charm, because it seems your online gambles always pay off :)

Do preserve that disk with the Smoke setup and make a backup as well.



Thanks, Dexter. If you're interested in the other Tezro, with the 850,- opening bid
that has not been used, you could try just making them a lowball offer and
go there to pick it up in Alkmaar. I paid 701 and that #2 box was listed for a lower price
originally. They dont really know what they have with the Tezro. They will probably
close the auction early if they accept your offer. Ofcourse you still dont know if it boots
etc but they will let you inspect it before you buy it.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

User avatar
Irinikus
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Irinikus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 am

Hombre71 wrote:
Yes, I ended up paying seven hundred euro for it....


Wow ,you got a really good deal there!
Image................. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image; Image...... Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image;
Image Image; Image........... Image; Image... Image Image............ Here they are: :arrow:

User avatar
dexter1
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2743
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:57 am
Location: Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby dexter1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 am

Hombre71 wrote:Thanks, Dexter. If you're interested in the other Tezro, with the 850,- opening bid
that has not been used, you could try just making them a lowball offer and
go there to pick it up in Alkmaar.

You're very likely right in that aspect. But i don't know about spending so much on such a system. I'd rather save the cash to buy a speedy dualcpu R12K/R14K Octane2 to accelerate some code development, and it wouldn't cost me even half as much as this second Tezro.

Having said that, most development stuff doesn't need that much cpu power, only the big packages like gcc, python, perl, firefox (if that pig wil ever fly)

I'll sleep on it.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 am

dexter1 wrote:
Hombre71 wrote:Thanks, Dexter. If you're interested in the other Tezro, with the 850,- opening bid
that has not been used, you could try just making them a lowball offer and
go there to pick it up in Alkmaar.

You're very likely right in that aspect. But i don't know about spending so much on such a system. I'd rather save the cash to buy a speedy dualcpu R12K/R14K Octane2 to accelerate some code development, and it wouldn't cost me even half as much as this second Tezro.

Having said that, most development stuff doesn't need that much cpu power, only the big packages like gcc, python, perl, firefox (if that pig wil ever fly)

I'll sleep on it.


If the auction ends and no-one takes it they might accept around 350? You can always try :)
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:07 am

Irinikus wrote:
Hombre71 wrote:
Yes, I ended up paying seven hundred euro for it....


Wow ,you got a really good deal there!


Just lucky that there was not that much interest I suppose,
and that they dont really know what is was good for.
I told them its really only good for hobby business by now :)
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

jebmayers
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:13 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby jebmayers » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

I just made them an offer on the other one.....fingers crossed. I don't think they will go for it though ;o(

Hombre71
Donor
Donor
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby Hombre71 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 pm

jebmayers wrote:I just made them an offer on the other one.....fingers crossed. I don't think they will go for it though ;o(


Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
Judging from what they told me about how they get their items,
its likely another Smoke box from the same shop.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :O2: :320: :1600SW:

jebmayers
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:13 pm
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby jebmayers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 am

Well as predicted they turned down my offer. I offered as much as I was prepared too and that would have been more than I have paid for any other machine in my collection. I could buy lots of other things that I want for my existing collection for the money so I am not too dissapointed.

It would have been nice, but I my current passion seems to be in the big/medium sized irons.

mazzinia
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Tezro for sale in the Netherlands (Not mine)

Unread postby mazzinia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:06 am

who knows, you could wait a bit and if it's still not sold, you could poke them saying that you are still interested.
They may change mind after 2 or 3 weeks, if they don't get buyers. (just an idea)
:O2: :Fuel: HP c8000 Digital PWS 500au (x2) , IBM 9402-P03


Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest