Interesting Washington State Surplus Doo-Dads

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
pierocks
Donor
Donor

Interesting Washington State Surplus Doo-Dads

Unread postby pierocks » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

I was browsing through the eBay store of the Washington State Surplus people down in Pasco, WA. I'm maybe headed south to watch the eclipse, and when I told the wife that "Pasco is on the way, they might have some interesting gear", she didn't immediately divorce/murder me. Anyway, I saw a couple of things that might interest you weirdos^w fine people.

HP J9171A, 486 Network Advisor
I don't know anything about this beast. Zero. But it looked like it could be the basis for a fun project for somebody on here. I know there is a contingent of 486 fans around these parts. Maybe you could have yourself a luggable for playing Kings Quest or something.

A SiCortex!
Again, I have zero knowledge of this thing, other than that it would bring the owner enormous nerd cred. If I had to guess, it seems like it's missing some important bits, but who is to say. Maybe those gaping holes in the blade chassis are for air flow? :lol:
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.

dhjj

Re: Interesting Washington State Surplus Doo-Dads

Unread postby dhjj » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:31 pm

I see a bunch of scrap, not a project in sight

praetor242

Re: Interesting Washington State Surplus Doo-Dads

Unread postby praetor242 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Yeah. The SiCortex is missing a bunch of stuff. This is just the fabric router, and even that is missing parts. There should also be another rack that actually has the CPU blades. Pretty much useless. Good luck finding the stuff to actually make a SiCortex cluster.
Image - trajan - R5000 180Mhz - 256 MB RAM - 300GB HDD
Image - hadrian - R5000 180Mhz - 128 MB RAM - 147 GB HDD

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”