Dodoid Mini Indigo is now on sale!

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
timezero

Re: Dodoid Mini Indigo is now on sale!

Unread postby timezero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 am

Dodoid wrote:
timezero wrote:Will there be an o2 version? :o

The O2 is very small, limiting SBC choice, but (at risk of Osborne-effecting myself) I did choose quarter scale to make the O2 possible in theory.

I see! I will hold my prayers that theory become practice then :D

opcode

Unread postby opcode » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:35 am

Anyone received their mini indigo yet? I haven't heard anything since I sent payment June 28th. Just curious.
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:

JohnnyJohnny

Unread postby JohnnyJohnny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

Haven't received mine, either. Was hoping to hear from him before end of August on the status - may be a delay in getting the Odroid.
Drowning in a flood of my own interests...and trying to get at least one thing 100% done.

:Octane2: :Indigo2IMP:

HurricaneJames

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:18 am

I got mine, but I ordered the case without a SBC. It is currently sitting on my desk at the office. Sometime, after I finish my current Octane build, I plan to install either an odroid or raspberry pi and load it up with 5dwm for a truly faux graphics experience. Though I will probably try smooth out the 3D print striations first.
:320: :1600SW: :O2: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: Image

opcode

Unread postby opcode » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:39 am

I figured that was the cause of the wait. I feel better that you got your case. Hopefully Dodoid will give us an update in here. I am always busy and it takes me a while to get everything done so I totally understand. This is just me checking in and "touch /dodoid/indigo"...
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:

HurricaneJames

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 am

opcode wrote:"touch /dodoid/indigo"...

I'm going to have that image stuck in my head all day now... thank you for that! :x

Shiunbird
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Shiunbird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am

Mine has arrived! Time to un-virtualize my proxy and firewall.
ImageImage

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am

Hi all!

Yeah, a few people's units have arrived, including I think all of those who's ODROIDs were in the earlier batch, so it's moving along, albeit slowly. JohnnyJohnny and opcode's units should be shipping soon. Got the second batch of ODROIDs recently but my family has been extremely busy, making actually getting everything ready (examining case parts, installing OS and testing ODROID, assembly into case, final test, making and filling in "Welcome To Mini Indigo" sheet, photograph for buyer, buyer verification, packaging, and shipping them off) kind of hard. All the same, I have some 3D printed cases that I think are ready for sale. As always, I will send pictures before shipping. If I have time, that should be able to happen tomorrow or the day after.

Also, to HurricaneJames, I believe 5dwm/MaXX is available only as x86 binaries due to licensing restrictions from SGI. As such, running on the Raspberry Pi or ODROID's non-x86 processor may not work. If you want to run x86 software in a supported form factor, I might look into the original UP Board, as it has an Intel Atom and the same form factor as the RPi. As it has not been tested, I cannot promise compatibility with the case, or cooling performance, but it should in theory fit. Alternatively, you could get an ODROID or Pi and run my own project, Kronos 2.0, with its default IRENKA (IRIX-like ENvironment as a Kronos Application) user interface. I have so far only tested it on x86 systems, but as all the actual Kronos code is written in interpreted languages and the rest is just Debian with some common packages, it should work. Kronos 2.0-GDR4P, the first public release including IRENKA, should be out in early September if you want to go that route. Screenshot for anyone interested below.
screenshot.png

As for smoothing the plastic (which is PLA), it should be possible with vapor smoothing using Ethyl Acetate. Acetone only works on ABS, which I don't print because my printer isn't enclosed (fumes) and it's harder to make work (more failed prints and delays). Ethyl Acetate is apparently nasty stuff, so be safe if you do plan to work with it.

opcode wrote:touch /dodoid/indigo

Will be sure to run that on your unit :mrgreen: .
Last edited by Dodoid on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

opcode

Unread postby opcode » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks for the update. I just bought another mini indigo without the board. Not in any rush. I know you are one person doing all of this so take your time. :) If possible, would you leave the stickers off so I can smooth the indigos?

thanks and the IRENKA stuff looks cool. The big thing with Maxxx is the FM. I think the magic is in the FM and the bread crumb pathing. I wonder how h ard it would be to replicate?

HurricaneJames

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Dodoid wrote:Also, to HurricaneJames, I believe 5dwm/MaXX is available only as x86 binaries due to licensing restrictions from SGI. As such, running on the Raspberry Pi or ODROID's x86 processor may not work.

Oh, good point. Kronos 2.0 looks pretty nifty, I'll definitely give that a whirl when you release it.

Dodoid wrote:As for smoothing the plastic (which is PLA), it should be possible with vapor smoothing using Ethyl Acetate. Acetone only works on ABS, which I don't print because my printer isn't enclosed (fumes) and it's harder to make work (more failed prints and delays). Ethyl Acetate is apparently nasty stuff, so be safe if you do plan to work with it.

I used to do it that way, but the chemicals are harsh and the chance for really messing up a print is higher than I liked. Now I mostly use multiple passes of sandpaper, sealer, and paint. In this case, I would like some texture on the plastic, so I will probably make it very smooth, then hit it with some xylene and "roll" 200-400 grit sandpaper across it. I am probably two to three months away from working on it, but I'll post pictures when it is done.

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Nice! I like the idea of case modding the Mini Indigo, even better if it runs Kronos :) . Be careful while sanding the back of the unit, there's one piece (the middle strip, between the two SBC cutouts) which is only strong when the top piece is on, otherwise it's flimsy and tends to snap.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 am

I posted a general update on the Mini Indigos over in the thread in SGI: Discussion. Essentially, you can now include Mini Indigos in your signature (like this Image) and the Mini Indigo is now made using a much more reliable printing method.

Check it out here: http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16731120&start=45#p7404123

opcode

Unread postby opcode » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 am

My wife said my indigo's came today! I can't wait to get home!

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 am

Cool! Canada Post shipping to the US is pretty fast then.

Do note, since your two are packed a little differently, when removing the items from the box, open it up and then take out the piece of bubble wrap, then lift the LG box out. The power supply will come with it (its prongs are stuck in). Then open the LG box and take out the foam side pieces before lifting the Indigos out (otherwise, you might just pull the top case piece off the Indigo due to the tight fit with the foam).

DBJ974

Unread postby DBJ974 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 am

Ladies and gentlemen : the Mini Indigo with family :-)

IMG_20170914_151149.jpg
:OnyxR: :OnyxR: :O2000R: :O3000: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :O200: :PI: :PI: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2+: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indigo2:
:Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo:
:Indy: ChallengeS
:Crimson: rebranded ControlData

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”