SALE: SGI Tezro 4x1Ghz / Lucid / VBOB / DmediaPro / Betacam Recorder / Wacom / Monitor + More! (EUROPE)

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
devv

SALE: SGI Tezro 4x1Ghz / Lucid / VBOB / DmediaPro / Betacam Recorder / Wacom / Monitor + More! (EUROPE)

Unread postby devv » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello folks!

A friend is moving the office and is selling the following complete, working, maxed out setup:

SGI Tezro 4x 1 GHz
Lucid ADAT
Stone storage (of unknown specs)
VBOB + DMediaPro
Digital Betacam recorder (http://www.millervideofilm.com/images/dvw-a500.jpg)
Wacom tablet + pen
Sony broadcast monitor (with control module)
Sync generator
Keyboards, mice
Bunch of cables etc.
Some spare parts and spare stone disks.

I am not sure how much RAM the system has (I believe it has 8 GB).
It does not come with a DCD.
The system was originally used by NBC in the US.

Conditions:
1) Price for the whole lot is 2600 EUR, including VAT
2) You will get an invoice from the company (VAT deduction possible if you are a company in Europe)

We had actual pictures of all items, but they were lost and I only found one (included in the attachment).

If you are interested, email me with the confirmation and I will put you in touch with the seller.
Attachments
IMG_3641.JPG.jpg
Last edited by devv on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
oOoO :Tezro: oOoO

uunix
Donor
Donor

Re: SALE: SGI Tezro 4x1Ghz / Lucid / VBOB / DmediaPro / Betacam Recorder / Wacom / Monitor + More! (EUROPE)

Unread postby uunix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Shame pickup only in France.. It looks very nice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Fuel: :Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Re: SALE: SGI Tezro 4x1Ghz / Lucid / VBOB / DmediaPro / Betacam Recorder / Wacom / Monitor + More! (EUROPE)

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Nice. if I didn't have pretty much the same system already I'd be planning a road trip right now :mrgreen:
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

gocram

Unread postby gocram » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 am

devv wrote:It does not come with a DCD.
The system was originally used by NBC in the US.

Unusual, especially for broadcast usage. Unless it was used for (e.g.) motion graphics and long-form editing... but still strange, considering the total cost, to have a DCD or not wouldn't seem like terribly much of a cost reduction.
:O2: 400/R12ᴋ, 1GB RAM, digvid (AV2), UW-SCSI, 640GB (int.) & 4×300GB HDDs (ext.)
:Indigo2IMP: 195/R10ᴋ, 1GB RAM, High IMPACT+TRAM, IMPACT Video, 2×300GB HDDs
LOOKING FOR:
SGI INDIGO² HIGH IMPACT-AA or MAXIMUM IMPACT graphics board set
(the latter preferably with at least one 4-Mbyte TRAM)

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 am

gocram wrote:Unusual, especially for broadcast usage. Unless it was used for (e.g.) motion graphics and long-form editing... but still strange, considering the total cost, to have a DCD or not wouldn't seem like terribly much of a cost reduction.

IIRC the DCD became unavailable at some point, and Discreet changed their setup to include an external DVI splitter box. It's in the IFFS setup manuals.

Considering the CPU spec this must be one of the last Tezros. My own Tezro, also 4x1GHz, and definitely from a Discreet setup, also came without a DCD originally. I rectified that myself :D
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:15 pm

I would buy this at the drop of a hat, but I fear as I enter back into the country I would have more people in the car that I left with!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!

Y888099

Unread postby Y888099 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Irrationally tempted. Checkout: I have the money, I can arrange the pickup, I own a car, and I love unix.
But I won't buy a Tezro. My 5 cents.
Last edited by Y888099 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

gocram

Unread postby gocram » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

jan-jaap wrote:IIRC the DCD became unavailable at some point, and Discreet changed their setup to include an external DVI splitter box. It's in the IFFS setup manuals.

Now I also remember having read about it, in later Flame and Smoke manuals (possibly around the “2007” releases). The workaround was peculiar, but I guess it works (considering how the DCD was utilized by IFFFS). Definitely not neat and introducing another external contraption to the whole setup.
:O2: 400/R12ᴋ, 1GB RAM, digvid (AV2), UW-SCSI, 640GB (int.) & 4×300GB HDDs (ext.)
:Indigo2IMP: 195/R10ᴋ, 1GB RAM, High IMPACT+TRAM, IMPACT Video, 2×300GB HDDs
LOOKING FOR:
SGI INDIGO² HIGH IMPACT-AA or MAXIMUM IMPACT graphics board set
(the latter preferably with at least one 4-Mbyte TRAM)

khalidschofield

Unread postby khalidschofield » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:57 am

I have the same system in my office. I dont use it at all as I prefer the Indigo2 and O2 600Mhz box. The Tezro is lightening fast and the best choice by far for anyone using irix for video / graphics work
############################
Re-install with OpenBSD :)

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:32 am

khalidschofield wrote:I have the same system in my office. I dont use it at all as I prefer the Indigo2 and O2 600Mhz box. The Tezro is lightening fast and the best choice by far for anyone using irix for video / graphics work

Thinking of selling?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!

khalidschofield

Unread postby khalidschofield » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 am

undecided as yet. Lets see what devv gets for this tezro

Jack Luminous
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Jack Luminous » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 am

Very nice !! Don't have that much money right now though. If the buyer isn't interested by the Lucid interface, I'd gladly take it off you hands. I'm in Paris too.
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:

computron

Unread postby computron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:50 am

too much expensive for an outdated computer......

no one in france will pay that for this

Cheers

Eve

khalidschofield

Unread postby khalidschofield » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 am

Mine cost around that figure

uunix
Donor
Donor

Unread postby uunix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:56 am

computron wrote:too much expensive for an outdated computer......

no one in france will pay that for this

Cheers

Eve

Don't forget, it's not just the computer Eve.
I got my Octane2 (similar is spec or rather it was built to do a similar job in life) for £30, but the rest of the gear required to do anything has cost me a fair bit over the years.

I could have bought a mac to do the same job, but the reason I am on this forum, is because I don't want to buy a mac, I want to do things with SGI (although I did actually buy a mac or two, but that's another story).

To repeat myself, I would buy this complete setup at the drop of a hat. Probably best it is in France out of my reach. :D
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”