how things should be shipped properly

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
SiliconClassics

Re: how things should be shipped properly

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 am

eBay includes shipping costs when calculating their final value fee. They started doing this a few years ago because some sellers were skirting eBay fees by selling items at low BIN prices and charging abnormally high shipping prices. So now eBay effectively takes 10% of whatever sellers charge for shipping in addition to the actual item sale price. Kind of a win-win for them.

From now on I'll take your advice to provide my own shipping materials. Seems like the only reliable solution.
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

mapesdhs

Re: how things should be shipped properly

Unread postby mapesdhs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:19 am

I only use ebay to buy stuff, so I wasn't aware. I used ebid to sell things, but alas events got the better of me, site needs a revamp (they changed their setup, all the images, etc. have gone). Very different fee structure with ebid, but the site isn't large enough for general PC tech sales yet. Niche items like SGIs are ok though I reckon.

Ian.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute!
Donations of any kind of item I can sell to provide funds are also most welcome.
mapesdhs@yahoo.com
+44 (0)7434 635 121

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”