Beware of eBay's Global Shipping Program

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
mapesdhs

Re: Beware of eBay's Global Shipping Program

Unread postby mapesdhs » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:54 am

I've used the World Transport Agency (WTA) to send heavy stuff abroad, they were pretty good.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute!
Donations of any kind of item I can sell to provide funds are also most welcome.
mapesdhs@yahoo.com
+44 (0)7434 635 121

mopar5150

Unread postby mopar5150 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:54 pm

These guys are telling the truth. I am the seller on ebay (mopar_buyer) and they did indeed just grab another Tezro. I shipped both using the GSP as I have done many times before yet these two ebay claimed are "oversize or overweight". This is not true as I have sent Tezros overseas before with the exact same packaging.

Ebay finally paid me for the first machine at the full purchase price after a fight and now it looks like another fight.

What sucks is these were very nice machines that are now shown laying on their side on a warehouse floor from another seller. From his feedback they are dirtbag sellers. I have checked the serial number and it is the same machine I shipped using the GSP. I take great care packing these systems to only have these guys pull them out and set them on the floor. I doubt they will put them back in the custom packing I used so they will get smashed in shipping to the next poor buyer.

To the original buyers.. I have spent several hours with both ebay and paypal trying to get answers on how this happened. After you sit on hold for 30 min. you get transferred to someone else and after repeating all of the info again they put you on hold forever and then state it is a paypal issue.

Then I went through the same BS with paypal only to have them state it is a GSP issue.

Do not use GSP! Sad part of this is there are no other economical ways to get heavy machines overseas. I will now be forced to either ship systems as parts in separate boxes for the buyer to reassemble or only sell in the US.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :O3x0: :A350:

mopar5150

Unread postby mopar5150 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:58 pm

fu wrote:are you guys serious or is this the usual trolling with different usernames coming to a fit?

ff shake, who would act like a serial thief of sgis in 2016? and they were all supposed to end somewhere in europe?

My guess is the new seller buys pallets of stuff from ebay when they dump their problems. Ebay still has not answered me when I question why they didn't simply ship it back to me.

mopar5150

Unread postby mopar5150 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:09 pm

ivelegacy wrote:
devv wrote:lowest shipping rates

technically I guess it's caused by European taxation method, I mean if the seller explicitly declare the value of good, and someone can assume the responsibility of such a declaration, or once the item got in hands by the import service (local service, thus is your nation) they can choose if to trust the declared value, or to process it with their "equivalent" value, which is is usually bigger in order to make you to pay more taxes

oh, and don't forget to add the "flat commision fee", executive cost (here, it's usually 10 euro), because you have to pay them for the time they have to waste in order to process your goods under their "equivalent value"

thus the eBay's Global Shipping Program is the welcome :D :D :D

devv wrote:the seller couldn't "rescue" the package even after being in repeated and timely contact with eBay

to be honest it smells of bad packing(1), wrong measures(2), and possibly it was fraudulent: consider yourself lucky to have avoided other problems

(1) when I sent a package to a government agency in China, their import agency refused it because it contained too much polystyrene
the package went back to me, I replaced the polystyrene with foam flakes and everything was fine

in Canada and Australia they have similar restrictions, especially for wood material (yes, I am used to use wood for everything needs to be strong during the shipping), I happened to sent a motorbike (Ducati 996) to Memphis, I phoned there before shipping and I was informed about what it's ok, and what it's banned by them. I had to be careful about the kind of wood to be used.

(2) that is a problem, especially for Australia, they are very fussy about measures, more fussy than in USA, the parcel MUST not be out of their tables, plus other restrictions (especially for organic parts, chemical parts, etc etc), otherwise they will reject to import.

This is another example of you not knowing what the hell you are talking about. Bad packing? measures fraudulent? What do you base this on and how dare you make this statement. Here is my seller feedback from ebay http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller. Do a little research next time before you make assumptions or statements about other members here.

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:37 pm

I usually stay away from discussions like these, but in that case I want to vouch for John 'mopar_buyer/mopar_5150'. I have done business with him, and his goods were always well packaged. But more importantly, he routinely (even today) offers wares for free/cost of shipping to members of this board. Money isn't everything -- the the time it takes to securely package items should not be underestimated, especially for those of use with jobs and families to look after.

I want you to know I appreciate that.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

fu

Unread postby fu » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 pm

mopar5150 wrote:Ebay finally paid me for the first machine at the full purchase price after a fight and now it looks like another fight.

mopar5150 wrote:My guess is the new seller buys pallets of stuff from ebay when they dump their problems. Ebay still has not answered me when I question why they didn't simply ship it back to me.

jesus

are you in CA right now?

let me see if i can get hold of one of the guys that deal with shipping for all of the production equipment. one of them is close to you and his wife works for paypal. i just have to find out if he’s there right now or if he’s assigned to a location outside of the states. will pm you if he’s there and able to help

ps: i “know” john too, though he’s probably talked only to one of the kids that work for me. nice guy, no bs.

pierocks
Donor
Donor

Unread postby pierocks » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Just saw the (re)auction you guys are talking about. Good god, those guys must be idiots.

"Hey fellas which side do you think is down? Probably not the side with the wheels on it."

What a sad situation.
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.

kariverson

Unread postby kariverson » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:55 pm

mopar5150 wrote:My guess is the new seller buys pallets of stuff from ebay when they dump their problems. Ebay still has not answered me when I question why they didn't simply ship it back to me.

It is outrageous mate. I mean my friend was so excited about his new tezro, but he still got refunded 80%. You are taking the biggest loss! How can they not just give you back your item?! This is theft and I would try to get the police involved if I was in your shoes. Hell if the warehouse was anywhere remotely close I would pay them a visit personally.

commodorejohn

Unread postby commodorejohn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:38 pm

I'd say take this to a big public forum (Reddit? Twitter? I don't know what all the kids are using these days) and make a hell of a big stink about it. This kind of shit deserves to stick to companies that allow it to happen.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:51 am

My latest experience with the eBay's Global Shipping Program:

* I ordered: a small electronic device worth $10 + shipping
* I received: two 19" x 8.5 alloy wheels. No they don't fit any of our cars and WTF two wheels?

According to the shipper (who will refund me) someone screwed up at the global shipping warehouse. Imagine the person who ordered alloys and is now looking at my device :mrgreen:

I wonder if they expect me to ship 30kg worth of rims back to the states and what the scrap value of aluminum is these days ...
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

japes
Donor
Donor

Unread postby japes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 pm

jan-jaap wrote:My latest experience with the eBay's Global Shipping Program:

* I ordered: a small electronic device worth $10 + shipping
* I received: two 19" x 8.5 alloy wheels. No they don't fit any of our cars and WTF two wheels?

I love it!
:O3000: :Fuel: :Tezro: :Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :1600SW: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O3x0: :O3x02L: :O3x02L:

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:24 pm

jan-jaap got a wheel deal there.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:22 am

Two 19" alloy Wheels, an Octane, some Fuel.... Jan-Jaap is building a Hot-Rod!
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

Y888099

Unread postby Y888099 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:47 am

eBay's GSP does work for me.
Head Full of Snow. Lemon Scented You

mapesdhs

Unread postby mapesdhs » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Clearly it does not work for many others; it has a terrible reputation in general. One should not use GSP if at all possible.

Ian.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute!
Donations of any kind of item I can sell to provide funds are also most welcome.
mapesdhs@yahoo.com
+44 (0)7434 635 121

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”