SPARCstation IPC

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
SAQ

SPARCstation IPC

Unread postby SAQ » Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm

SPARCstation IPC - fully loaded with 4MB SIMMS and GX framebuffer. No Mostek chip, so needs new one. Any interest?
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

smj

Re: SPARCstation IPC

Unread postby smj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Some interest... I must not be looking in the right places locally, these ought to be out there propping open doors and such but... Reason being I have a hankering to fire up the Sprite research OS from Cal/UCB, which needs Sun4c or DECstations, and I think this and some other lunchbox systems would be the most power- and space-efficient way.

Perhaps this response will flush out some others locally...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

SAQ

Unread postby SAQ » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

smj wrote:Some interest... I must not be looking in the right places locally, these ought to be out there propping open doors and such but... Reason being I have a hankering to fire up the Sprite research OS from Cal/UCB, which needs Sun4c or DECstations, and I think this and some other lunchbox systems would be the most power- and space-efficient way.

Perhaps this response will flush out some others locally...

Ah, seems we're been staring at each other across the interminable gulf of Oregon. A while back I recall you posting an Alpha that sounded really nice.
Do keep in mind that a lunchbox Sun is much easier to ship!
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

smj

Unread postby smj » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

SAQ wrote:Ah, seems we're been staring at each other across the interminable gulf of Oregon.

Well it's understandable, they're already overcrowded with former Californians - in fact the transplants are probably the most fervent ones patrolling the CA-OR border with poles to keep people out... ;)

A while back I recall you posting an Alpha that sounded really nice.
Do keep in mind that a lunchbox Sun is much easier to ship!

I've turned up another couple of DECstation 3000/300LXs, though I'm not sure if I mentioned them here. I believe shipping one of those to Ian King in Seattle was right about $25 and that included the box and packing - the mailbox shop I use likes me because I give them tons of bubble wrap, peanuts, and air-paks to re-use.
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

robespierre

Unread postby robespierre » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 am

It doesn't concern me, but the name DECstation was only used for MIPS based computers; the Alpha AXP series were labeled just "DEC 3000". sometimes that can cause confusion.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”