FS: More stuff (Manchester, North west UK)

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
LongJohn

FS: More stuff (Manchester, North west UK)

Unread postby LongJohn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:54 am

Well in my bid to clear out a bunch more stuff, I have the following kit available:

Edit: I have sold/donated some of this!

1x Compaq Storage System U1
1x Compaq Storage System UE

Both disk array units are floor-standing, doors/hinges intact and have locking keys, power/SCSI cables. £50 each or £80 the pair.

1x Compaq Proliant 800R - P2 system with RAID controller, and box of spare parts - £10

1x Dell Poweredge 2400 - single P3 with 512MB RAM, 9.1GB disk, DDS-4 Tape drive - £40

1x Sun Ultra 10 - Single UltraSparc 3 270MHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB disk in removable bay, CD-ROM drive (currently has build of Debian 4 installed) - £40

1x Belkin OmniView Pro 8-port KVM with PSU, KVM cables - £60

1x ATI Radeon 3650HD video card - £35

1x Adaptec AHA-2940-UW - £20

1x "Space Ball" 3D controller for SGI - £5

Assortment of UTP network cables (from 1M to 3M length) - 50p for a bag of 10

1x Teal SGI Indigo2 Extreme R4400, 192MB, 9GB disk, catches intact, no feet, dead GFX - spares only - £10

1x Original X-box - working, has controller, hard drive, video/power cables. £30

There is more to come as I go through the many boxes, I have bags of RAM, some 10000rpm 18.2GB SCSI 3 drives (not SCA though) and other items I will post here when I have sorted through it all.

----------

I am based in Manchester, UK - and am prepared to deliver some of these heavier items within a reasonable radius (say, 100 miles of Manchester) provided fuel costs are covered.

Other items can be sent via courier or insured royal mail, from £5 an item (more for the larger items). Message me to discuss.

Cheers!

John
Last edited by LongJohn on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.

jan-jaap

Re: FS: More stuff (Manchester, North west UK)

Unread postby jan-jaap » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 pm

eMGee wrote:It'd probably be a hassle to find a replacement graphics board of the type I had in mind...

I actually gave away a pile of Indy / Indigo / Indigo2s last year because I couldn't be bothered parting them out and I needed the space. Surely I can't be the only one?

There's probably something on eBay / eBid (Hi Ian!) as well. Finding an a system or parts of it is easy, finding a good looking system is slowly starting to get harder.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2:(2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted: GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)

LongJohn

Unread postby LongJohn » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 am

eMGee wrote:
LongJohn wrote:1x "Space Ball" 3D controller for SGI - £5

Do you have a picture of it? Or would you know the model number? I have one type already (IBM-branded SpaceBall 5000), there are several other types.

I think it just said something like SpaceBall 3000 on it - I'll double check later and put a pic up of it.

Is there any O3K architecture RAM with that?

Sadly not - Much of my SGI kit is now at new homes - still got the Indigo2 but it is definitely only useful as spares, and given the nature of the faults it has, I'd say the motherboard is not salvageable. :(

zmttoxics

Unread postby zmttoxics » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:38 am

LongJohn wrote:1x Sun Ultra 10 - Single UltraSparc 3 270MHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB disk in removable bay, CD-ROM drive (currently has build of Debian 4 installed) - £40

That would be a IIi (2i) UltraSparc. :)
Stuff.

LongJohn

Unread postby LongJohn » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 am

zmttoxics wrote:
LongJohn wrote:1x Sun Ultra 10 - Single UltraSparc 3 270MHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB disk in removable bay, CD-ROM drive (currently has build of Debian 4 installed) - £40

That would be a IIi (2i) UltraSparc. :)

Yep, you're probably right. I think it's the 300 or the 333 model too (the 270 was in the Ultra5 I used to have!). Will fire it up later and check it..

Cheers :)

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”