3 pallets of SGI's for sale in Indiana

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
NASA-Onyx2

3 pallets of SGI's for sale in Indiana

Unread postby NASA-Onyx2 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Good Luck Gentlemen!!!

ONE LOT ESTIMATED TO CONSIST OF: 13 SILICON GRAPHICS COMPUTERS WITH 21 INCH MONITORS, CABLES, KEYBOARDS, AND DISK DRIVES. ALSO INCLUDES ONE DISK UNIT (RAID UNIT). (135201 7180 0001) (57-666155)

From http://www.gsaauctions.gov

Click on Computers & Accessories

Auction Ends 8/23

GovSgi.JPG

Alver

Re: 3 pallets of SGI's for sale in Indiana

Unread postby Alver » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:40 pm

Holy crap :shock: someone PLEASE go grab this, it looks like there's 13 Octane2's to get there and the current bid is only $110...
while (!asleep()) sheep++;

NASA-Onyx2

Unread postby NASA-Onyx2 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Alver wrote:Holy crap...the current bid is only $110...

Wait until the 23rd, when the real action begins!!!

RageX
Donor
Donor

Unread postby RageX » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:25 pm

Same auction site has something a bit more interesting, lot number 41FBPI07296005.

Looks like a bunch of crap and then in the background an Origin/Onyx3200 or something similar. They refer to it only as a "terminal server". It's in AL, so too far for me to go but the bid is only $25 at the moment!

choza

Unread postby choza » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:36 pm

RageX wrote:Same auction site has something a bit more interesting, lot number 41FBPI07296005.

Looks like a bunch of crap and then in the background an Origin/Onyx3200 or something similar. They refer to it only as a "terminal server". It's in AL, so too far for me to go but the bid is only $25 at the moment!

i bet its an origin 3k...

cybercow

Unread postby cybercow » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:28 am

- my god, give me one of that Oct`s ...
- someone should take them and give every nekochan member one unit :)
- here on pic - the main reason we buy scratched octanes from eBay :evil:
people acting with them as they are garbage ...

QuicksilverG4

Unread postby QuicksilverG4 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Unless the color is really off they look more like regular Octanes than Octane2s

ChristTrekker

Unread postby ChristTrekker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:41 am

HMMMMM! Government auctions! Thanks for the link to this site...I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Now if there'd only be stuff for sale in my area...
Principle Over Politics : http://www.ConstitutionParty.org

The Keeper

Unread postby The Keeper » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 am

RageX wrote:Same auction site has something a bit more interesting, lot number 41FBPI07296005.

Not sure if the description has been revised since you last looked, but it says right in the description that the system is an "ORIGIN3200". That would be an interesting addition to someone's collection, if you're in the southeast...

(Regarding the Octanes, guys, they might have been worth going crazy over a few years ago, but you practically can't even give away low-spec Octanes on eBay anymore. There's nothing in that pile, based on looking at the picture, that looks like it's worth dealing with having to haul away three _pallets_ of junk. If they had shoeboxes, it might be worth parting them out, but they're packed so closely together that there's no way shoeboxes would be installed. They're just garden-variety Octanes. Certainly nothing worth yelling that someone should go buy them. Just my two cents here.)

Chris
:O2000R: (<-EMXI/IO6G) :O200: :O200: :O200: (<- quad R12k O200 w/GIGAchannel and ESI+Tex) plus a bunch of assorted standalone workstations...

ChristTrekker

Unread postby ChristTrekker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm

The Keeper wrote:you practically can't even give away low-spec Octanes on eBay anymore.

Feel free to give me any SGI kit you feel like getting rid of. :P If this stuff were as easily available as you say, I'd see "SGI clearance" on Craigslist and Freecycle.
Principle Over Politics : http://www.ConstitutionParty.org

The Keeper

Unread postby The Keeper » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:11 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
The Keeper wrote:you practically can't even give away low-spec Octanes on eBay anymore.

Feel free to give me any SGI kit you feel like getting rid of. :P If this stuff were as easily available as you say, I'd see "SGI clearance" on Craigslist and Freecycle.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

Totally random, off-the-cuff search on eBay, I see a new-logo Octane closing in 6 hours with an opening bid of $30 with $30 shipping to NY, and no bids. Appears to be 300MHz, no drives (typical, and is likely the case in all of those Octanes on that pallet), with either a newer flavor of the SSI or maybe an SSE (the dimples for the TRAM screws indicates it's a more recent graphics card). In other words, a decent system.

As far as I'm concerned, $60 shipped for an Octane is giving it away. Someone still has to pay for packing materials, processing time, and shipping cost, so there is no such thing as a net cost of zero unless you're saving something from the dumpster.

And that was the first Octane that I found on eBay. There are more where that came from, for about the same price.

Your honor, I rest my case.

Chris
:O2000R: (<-EMXI/IO6G) :O200: :O200: :O200: (<- quad R12k O200 w/GIGAchannel and ESI+Tex) plus a bunch of assorted standalone workstations...

RageX
Donor
Donor

Unread postby RageX » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 pm

This is the best deal on an Octane I've seen recently. I'd call that giving it away.

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”