transparent o2

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
dj

transparent o2

Unread postby dj » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Prepare to drool... :)

o2_01.jpg
o2_01.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

o2_04.jpg
o2_04.jpg (10.6 KiB) Viewed 1225 times

o2_06.jpg
o2_06.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

Unfortunately the last owner wasn't so careful with it, so there's a couple of issues, the main being the rear of the case is cracked:

o2_07.jpg
o2_07.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 1227 times

Also the rear ps plastic piece is missing, and the tabs on the scalp piece are broken. Still, the thing looks _really_ cool.

Specs: 180Mhz R5k, 512MB RAM, A/V card

I'm open to any offers; item is in Berkeley, CA.

Thanks!

foetz

Re: transparent o2

Unread postby foetz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:52 pm

terrific, i wouldn't sell it :mrgreen:

dj

Unread postby dj » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:58 pm

foetz wrote:terrific, i wouldn't sell it

Unfortunately it's part of my 12-step hardware addiction program. :)

milatchi

Unread postby milatchi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:03 pm

dj wrote:
foetz wrote:terrific, i wouldn't sell it

Unfortunately it's part of my 12-step hardware addiction program. :)

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Sadly I have one too. Then again, everyone needs a hobby. :D
"EV-ERY-ONE!" --Stansfield

tillin9
Location: New York, NY / Westport, CT / #mupen64plus on freenode

Unread postby tillin9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:25 pm

Its a real shame the previosu owner didn't take that good care of it. They made only a handful of these guys durring the O2 design phase.

dj

Unread postby dj » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:46 pm

milatchi wrote:The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Definitely the hardest part too; but now that I'm on that path it's starting to feel easier, and I'm even considering letting go of the Crimson which must surely mean I'm on the road to recovery. :lol:

Speaking of which, almost forgot I'd also be willing to trade any/all of my cool items (indy presenter, galileo video, crimson, etc.) for a mac capable of running the latest osx (I know, more hardware, but really it's just to learn about osx software development).

tillin9 wrote:Its a real shame the previosu owner didn't take that good care of it. They made only a handful of these guys durring the O2 design phase.

This is just me being a salesman :), but I don't mind so much the defects on the clear case; the thing looks so strange and interesting it's easier to overlook the imperfections... Usually I'm really sensitive to them, in recent years I've even felt a little bitter towards sgi for making such fragile cases.

Is there anything else unique about this machine other than the case? It looks like a standard r5k o2 on the inside...

tillin9
Location: New York, NY / Westport, CT / #mupen64plus on freenode

Unread postby tillin9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:49 pm

As far as the differences go, I'd check the revision of the boards and the dates. They may be earlier revisions than you'd find in a normal O2. However, its also possible that the original hardware was replaced as its easy enough to slide off the skins from an O2 and put another set on. If the hardware was beta and had bugs, its more than possible a previous owner swapped them so the machine actually worked with stock releases of IRIX instead of just looking pretty.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in addition to these clear models were used by the execs. in the design process, I think they were also used by the developers working on porting IRIX. I'm no expert, just saw one of these on sale a few years ago when I was first thinking about getting an O2.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 pm

dj wrote:Speaking of which, almost forgot I'd also be willing to trade any/all of my cool items (indy presenter, galileo video, crimson, etc.) for a mac capable of running the latest osx (I know, more hardware, but really it's just to learn about osx software development).

How powerful machine are you looking to get? I have an iBook G3/500MHz (white case) that I no longer need. The only issue with it is the optical drive doesn't work; I've tried replacing it with a new drive but it's apparently a logic board problem (the optical drives bench okay in other machines) - I used an external Firewire drive to install Mac OS X 10.4.9 on it. Other than that, it has a brand new battery, 320MB RAM and a 30GB hard drive. I can install an Airport card if needed.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

dj

Unread postby dj » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 am

Transparent O2 is spoken for...

lorddoomicus

Unread postby lorddoomicus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Wow. That's pretty Cool. Of course I'd be happy to have one of the Purple O2+'s with the RM7000 in it.

- Derrik
:Crimson: :Indy: Sun Ultra 80 Mac Book

jan-jaap
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jan-jaap » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:09 am

dj wrote:I'm even considering letting go of the Crimson which must surely mean I'm on the road to recovery. :lol:

Or maybe it means you lost your mind :lol:
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. (IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report)

joegill

Unread postby joegill » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:35 pm

What kind of Crimson are we talking about ? Somehow I am getting rid of my Onyxes, but would love a Crimson, especially since this one is on my coast. I have some G4's and other things - Post hinv or summary on the crimson so we's can droool...
If you can lift it all by yourself, I probably don't want it.

dj

Unread postby dj » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 pm

joegill wrote:What kind of Crimson are we talking about ?

I have a nice chassis with good skins, and a second beater that was going to supply the internals; I believe it's a 150MHz r4400 Extreme. I've never tried powering them on since my last two apartments have been in 1920's era buildings and I was worried about the wiring. I'll try and take some pics this weekend...

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”