[ebay.de] Well equiped Tezro and relative cheap

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
kokoboi
Donor
Donor

tezr

Unread postby kokoboi » Mon May 07, 2007 7:49 am

the seller sent me some photos for 4cpu tezro and the scratches are not on the front panel.

ipaddict

Unread postby ipaddict » Mon May 07, 2007 11:40 am

That guy has a load of great kit for sale... too bad he isn't closer. :cry:

cicero

Unread postby cicero » Tue May 08, 2007 1:51 am

Seems that there are Tezro Days at ebay ;)
Three machines in Germany, one in the US.
Is anybody using a Tezro regularly?

cybercow

Unread postby cybercow » Tue May 08, 2007 4:01 pm

I`m not here to judge because i own a simple and oldy Indy, and i`m a beginner but...

...they not, tezro`s are still quite expensive, if we want to agree it or not, noone want`s to pay 3-4K of $ or EUR`s just to "give it a shoot", cheap octane`s and fuels are better for this ... real pro`s will think 2 - 3 times before invest such sum of money and in such hw/sw that is EOL (ya ya supp until 2013 but we know what sgi think about Irix...)

tezro monsters are still not on the "abandonware line", certainly u not find one for free, or for "take it please i need space here" ... maybe in some months or years that will comme ...

from my pow - in other hand people like us, that are crazy for sgi machines increase the price on places like e-bay, because rare stuff that is wanted more and more has a price ...

i think tezro`s are ower-priced - i will give for it max 1-1.5K ? or i`m wrong ? dunno... :oops:

That guy has a load of great kit for sale...

What`s about :) ?

yetanother**ixuser
Donor
Donor

Unread postby yetanother**ixuser » Tue May 08, 2007 11:17 pm

cicero wrote:Seems that there are Tezro Days at ebay ;)
Three machines in Germany, one in the US.
Is anybody using a Tezro regularly?

well but nobody is bidding on it :?

Brombear

Unread postby Brombear » Tue May 08, 2007 11:39 pm

yetanother**ixuser wrote:well but nobody is bidding on it :?

Well .. certainly these are no hobbyist prices :?

Matthias
Life is what happens while we are making other plans

cicero

Unread postby cicero » Wed May 09, 2007 12:38 am

Brombear wrote:Well .. certainly these are no hobbyist prices :?

Yes the price is the crucial point. Ok. Maybe if you professionally use IRIX to earn some money with e.g. software maintenance, CAD, video stuff then these prices are okay. Maybe. I could image that spare parts for Tezros will be more scarce than e.g. Octane parts in the future. They sold the Tezro only in a short period (compared to the Octane).

jimmer
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jimmer » Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 am

cybercow wrote:real pro`s will think 2 - 3 times before invest such sum of money and in such hw/sw that is EOL

EOL doesn;t really bother me and I;ve been thinking 7 - 8 times about spending some real cash on one of those machines. But for the life of me I can't see how I'd get significant business value out of them. So i'm not buying...

;(

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 am

jimmer wrote: But for the life of me I can't see how I'd get significant business value out of them. So i'm not buying...

I spent that much on a Fuel and rothers spent twice as much as me ... but that was several years ago. When I see Fuels sell for pennies now I feel kinda bad but otherwise, no complaints. A Tezro would be better :) If I weren't just newly self-employed I'd probably go for it. The $3,500 one, not the $5,000 one.

jimmer
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jimmer » Wed May 09, 2007 7:58 am

hamei wrote:If I weren't just newly self-employed I'd probably go for it.

'newly self-employed'... I can relate quite well to that ;)

On the subject of the Tezro... does anybody know how loud it is - relatively speaking? If you look at the back of the thing it doesn't quite strike me as a 'fanless' design...

unixmuseum

Unread postby unixmuseum » Wed May 09, 2007 1:03 pm

jimmer wrote:On the subject of the Tezro... does anybody know how loud it is - relatively speaking? If you look at the back of the thing it doesn't quite strike me as a 'fanless' design...
I'd say not as loud or about the same as a well equipped Octane...

ipaddict

Unread postby ipaddict » Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 pm

unixmuseum wrote:
jimmer wrote:On the subject of the Tezro... does anybody know how loud it is - relatively speaking? If you look at the back of the thing it doesn't quite strike me as a 'fanless' design...
I'd say not as loud or about the same as a well equipped Octane...

That doesn't sound bad at all. The two Octane2 machines humming in my living room are barely noticable. :wink:

yuckymucky

Unread postby yuckymucky » Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm

ipaddict wrote:That doesn't sound bad at all. The two Octane2 machines humming in my living room are barely noticable. :wink:

I am sure that the power company is just in love with you now.... :D

ipaddict

Unread postby ipaddict » Wed May 09, 2007 2:55 pm

yuckymucky wrote:I am sure that the power company is just in love with you now.... :D

Those Octane2 are the least of their worries - the TP9100 and Origin300 (formerly 2 Quad-proc Origin200) are drawing _much_ more juice. You can't get into this gear without seeing it on the power bill.

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”