[ebay] WTF?

Have some gear for sale? Post it here!
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
unixmuseum

[ebay] WTF?

Unread postby unixmuseum » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:03 am

Is it some kind of Frankenstein (it's Fronkenstine ;-) ) stuff?
http://cgi.ebay.com/SGI-Intel-4U-Rack-S ... dZViewItem

Gray Fox

Unread postby Gray Fox » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:20 am

Sweet!

SiliconClassics

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Dood, everyone knows that LED light mods give you an extra 500MHz of memory bus bandwith.

digitalpioneer

Re: [ebay] WTF?

Unread postby digitalpioneer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:03 pm

unixmuseum wrote:Is it some kind of Frankenstein (it's Fronkenstine ;-) ) stuff?

Speaking of Frankenstein machines, what do you make of this --> http://www.tiny.cc/Fronkinshteen

I know this machine is old, but I didn't think it needed life support? Or is this a NASA Octane rigged with an extravehicular mobility unit??

----
Last edited by digitalpioneer on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MooglyGuy

Unread postby MooglyGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:20 pm

No, see, it's a Silicone Graphics Octane, which means that it was used to model breast implants. Man, I can't stand people who can't get "silicon" right. It's as bad as people saying that they're stopping a leak with "silicon rubber" that a person has "silicon implants", or that CPUs are made out of "silicone". :roll:

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 pm

MooglyGuy wrote:No, see, it's a Silicone Graphics Octane, which means that it was used to model breast implants. Man, I can't stand people who can't get "silicon" right. It's as bad as people saying that they're stopping a leak with "silicon rubber" that a person has "silicon implants", or that CPUs are made out of "silicone". :roll:

Is that as bad as a Leader of the Free World who is in love with nukular weapons ?

zizban

Unread postby zizban » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:43 pm

hamei wrote:
MooglyGuy wrote:No, see, it's a Silicone Graphics Octane, which means that it was used to model breast implants. Man, I can't stand people who can't get "silicon" right. It's as bad as people saying that they're stopping a leak with "silicon rubber" that a person has "silicon implants", or that CPUs are made out of "silicone". :roll:

Is that as bad as a Leader of the Free World who is in love with nukular weapons ?

Worse :P

unixmuseum

Unread postby unixmuseum » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:34 pm

hamei wrote:Is that as bad as a Leader of the Free World who is in love with nukular weapons ?
Fool me once... :-D

R-ten-K

Unread postby R-ten-K » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:41 pm

ajerimez wrote:Dood, everyone knows that LED light mods give you an extra 500MHz of memory bus bandwith.

Obviously you haven't seen a late model Origin glow in the dark, I assume it was SGIs last salvo to get that extra oomph outta MIPS :-)
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:21 pm

digitalpioneer wrote: Speaking of Frankenstein machines, what do you make of this --> http://www.tiny.cc/Fronkinshteen
I know this machine is old, but I didn't think it needed life support? Or is this a NASA Octane rigged with an extravehicular mobility unit??

----

Not to ruin anyone's bidding experience, but from the really crappy shot of the back it appears to have one of the video options installed - evo or compression ? I can't tell from the photo but might be a sleeper at that price ...

ipaddict

Unread postby ipaddict » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:35 pm

hamei wrote:
digitalpioneer wrote: Speaking of Frankenstein machines, what do you make of this --> http://www.tiny.cc/Fronkinshteen

----

Not to ruin anyone's bidding experience, but from the really crappy shot of the back it appears to have one of the video options installed - evo or compression ? I can't tell from the photo but might be a sleeper at that price ...

Looks like MJPEG Compression, to me. BNC | S-Video | BNC | BNC | S-Video | BNC (assumed); that pattern is only MJPEG, I believe.

digitalpioneer

Unread postby digitalpioneer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:35 pm

ipaddict wrote:
hamei wrote:

----

Looks like MJPEG Compression, to me. BNC | S-Video | BNC | BNC | S-Video | BNC (assumed); that pattern is only MJPEG, I believe.

It sure looks like the 'Mic thru' port is nestled there above the top-most 'S-video In' port, in which case its EVO.

"Stick with me kid, you'll go places." - Foghorn Leghorn :wink:

---------

Return to “Hardware For Sale/Trade”