xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

MAME/MESS, Vice(C64), Stella(VCS2600), UAE(Amiga) and more.
gijoe77
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: NJ

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby gijoe77 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 am

diegel wrote:These are my preferred mipspro optimization options:

Code: Select all

-O3 -mips4 -TARG:platform=IP35:proc=r16000 -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED -INLINE



sweet! thanks mate, gonna plug these in and see where i land!

User avatar
foetz
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby foetz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:38 am

gijoe77 wrote:
diegel wrote:These are my preferred mipspro optimization options:

Code: Select all

-O3 -mips4 -TARG:platform=IP35:proc=r16000 -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED -INLINE



sweet! thanks mate, gonna plug these in and see where i land!

don't unless you know what each of them does. you might want something else or have a different machine or a different compiler version etc.

gijoe77
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: NJ

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby gijoe77 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:45 am

foetz wrote:don't unless you know what each of them does. you might want something else or have a different machine or a different compiler version etc.


best part of learning is falling down :)

eh.. this part here:

-

Code: Select all

OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED


kinda lost me to be honest

User avatar
foetz
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6591
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby foetz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 am

gijoe77 wrote:eh.. this part here:

Code: Select all

OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED


kinda lost me to be honest

seems you've not yet checked the manpage. there you'd find nice stuff like:
Olimit=n
Specifies that any routine bigger than n should not be
optimized. If -O2 or greater is in effect and a routine is so
big that the compile speed may be slow, the compiler generates
a message indicating the Olimit value that is needed to
optimize. You can recompile with that value of n. The
-OPT:Olimit=0 option is not recommended for general use.


not gonna paste the roundoff and alias parts :P

diegel
Donor
Donor
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby diegel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:58 am

gijoe77 wrote:
foetz wrote:don't unless you know what each of them does. you might want something else or have a different machine or a different compiler version etc.
best part of learning is falling down :)
Since we are talking about mame this should be no problem.

Code: Select all

OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED
kinda lost me to be honest
man opt and man inline will explain the options.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:

gijoe77
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: NJ

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby gijoe77 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:47 pm

ok, I just compiled a new xmame.x11 v0.106 using MIPSpro and the following CFLAGS:

Code: Select all

CFLAGS = -woffall -O3 -mips4 -TARG:platform=IP35:proc=r16000 -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=TYPED -INLINE


I added

Code: Select all

-LNO:opt=0
only for scramble.c to compile (wasn't able to figure out any other way to get LNO not to die on scramble.c)

I attached the makefile and binary if anyone wants to give it a spin, its an easy 10 more fps than the gcc build for me. I can build a generic mips4 binary if anyone is interested

I'm still trying to figure out the m68k -IPA ld shizm
Attachments
xmame.x11.106.cc.tar.gz
(18.4 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
makefile.irix.cc.txt
(29.19 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

mopar5150
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Contact:

Re: xmame 0.106 (need some help with MIPSpro)

Unread postby mopar5150 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:21 pm

I don't understand most of the conversation but well done none the less! It never ceases to amaze me how much you guys can do with these systems.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :O3x0: :A350:


Return to “Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests