sdlmame 0.149 sent to /incoming. Need testers/feedback.

MAME/MESS, Vice(C64), Stella(VCS2600), UAE(Amiga) and more.
vishnu
Donor
Donor

Re: sdlmame 0.149 sent to /incoming. Need testers/feedback.

Unread postby vishnu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 am

nekonoko wrote:I think I found that file too - moved it to ftp://ftp.nekochan.net/pub/downloads/contrib/axatax

Thanks for pointing that out Pete! Twice... :mrgreen:

C'mon guys, read back a little bit, yes this thread is old but Pete posted on Sunday that he'd found the supposedly-lost-forever file... :evil:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

gijoe77

Unread postby gijoe77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow thanks Neko! I've been playing with this for the past two hours - alot of the games I tried basically run full speed on my Tezro once i did the "-video opengl" option!

unfortunately it seems to segmentation fault on neogeo and CPS1-3 games, not sure if there is something that can be done about that at this point...

gijoe77

Unread postby gijoe77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:52 pm

vishnu wrote:C'mon guys, read back a little bit, yes this thread is old but Pete posted on Sunday that he'd found the supposedly-lost-forever file... :evil:

Hey vishnu,

There were two seperate files, the COLECO mess build that neko found sunday and the full MAME build neko found this morning

Axatax_

Unread postby Axatax_ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 pm

unfortunately it seems to segmentation fault on neogeo and CPS1-3 games, not sure if there is something that can be done about that at this point...

While this is a "complete" MAME, alot of the systems will segfault due to endinaness issues that need to be manually corrected on a case-by-case basis. This isn't something that compiler warnings/errors can alert you to - you have to test each machine individually. Flagging an SGI as big-endian is not sufficent in the context of the MAME/MESS source.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:43 pm

The reason those files were "missing" to begin with is that I never saw the original thread, and I simply moved the mysterious files out of /incoming (as they had no neko_ prefix) to my home directory until someone sent me an PM or something explaining what they were for. :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

gijoe77

Unread postby gijoe77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Axatax_ wrote:
While this is a "complete" MAME, alot of the systems will segfault due to endinaness issues that need to be manually corrected on a case-by-case basis. This isn't something that compiler warnings/errors can alert you to - you have to test each machine individually. Flagging an SGI as big-endian is not sufficent in the context of the MAME/MESS source.

out of pure curiosity, how does one do that specifically? I would love to learn more about the particular details since I am trying to tackle an older mame build at the moment with the hope of moving up to a more recent release in the near future

Axatax_

Unread postby Axatax_ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:48 pm

out of pure curiosity, how does one do that specifically? I would love to learn more about the particular details since I am trying to tackle an older mame build at the moment with the hope of moving up to a more recent release in the near future

Shoot me a PM -- I think we can make this happen.

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 pm

I would also like to see this added to the nekoware collection. It's a great piece of software. So please don't give up on it.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

Axatax_

Unread postby Axatax_ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 pm

would also like to see this added to the Nekoware collection. It's a great piece of software. So please don't give up on it.

I haven't given up -- but I *really* want to get the Mplayer 1.1.1 out the door. I've promised this for like eight months. S*it -- I'd love to do a new XMAME/MESS package, and I'd also like to get an Ardour port out (and I actually have some semi-working code for the later, as well as Jack, if you don't care about VST plugins).

Sh*it -- maybe we sould make some kind of Nekoware crowd funding thing... I dunno. I'd quit my job in a heartbeat to hack away on IRIX stuff. How cool would an IRIX port of Snes9X be with gamepad support? Samus doing TAS runs on your Octane? << -- I think that would qualify as death and ascension to heaven. Just MHO. :evil:

gijoe77

Unread postby gijoe77 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:29 pm

I can pledge a few bucks! Let's get this rolling!

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Axatax_ wrote:
would also like to see this added to the Nekoware collection. It's a great piece of software. So please don't give up on it.

I haven't given up -- but I *really* want to get the Mplayer 1.1.1 out the door. I've promised this for like eight months. S*it -- I'd love to do a new XMAME/MESS package, and I'd also like to get an Ardour port out (and I actually have some semi-working code for the later, as well as Jack, if you don't care about VST plugins).

Sh*it -- maybe we sould make some kind of Nekoware crowd funding thing... I dunno. I'd quit my job in a heartbeat to hack away on IRIX stuff. How cool would an IRIX port of Snes9X be with gamepad support? Samus doing TAS runs on your Octane? << -- I think that would qualify as death and ascension to heaven. Just MHO. :evil:

I would also like to see that modern Mplayer port finished. I wonder how well an Octane would handle MP4 video?. I would also be willing to donate some money to see updated software. Imagine the possibilities.

Axatax_

Unread postby Axatax_ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:33 am

I would also like to see that modern Mplayer port finished. I wonder how well an Octane would handle MP4 video?. I would also be willing to donate some money to see updated software. Imagine the possibilities.

The MPlayer is comming, but I won't give any time lines anymore as I've done this twice and other life issues get in the way. Suffice it to say, I'm still alive and working on this and there will be improvements with MP4, and MPlayer across-the-board.

The Mplayer 1.1.1 in my FTP has good _compatibility_ with MP4 but the performance isn't quite there yet. The performance is coming -- just don't expect 1080p x264 on even the best Octane.

Krokodil
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Krokodil » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Axatax_ wrote:

The MPlayer is comming, but I won't give any time lines anymore as I've done this twice and other life issues get in the way. Suffice it to say, I'm still alive and working on this and there will be improvements with MP4, and MPlayer across-the-board.

The Mplayer 1.1.1 in my FTP has good _compatibility_ with MP4 but the performance isn't quite there yet. The performance is coming -- just don't expect 1080p x264 on even the best Octane.

Now that I have my Octane up and running the way I like it, I can say that MP4 video works as long as it is configured a certain way. I don't watch my videos full screen either, always in a window, but performance improvements for MGRAS are certainly welcome, even if they're only small. :)

necron2600

Unread postby necron2600 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:49 pm

When I run ./mame I get a rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libstdc++.so.7' under any of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/libstdc++.so.7:etc..

Funny thing is.. I do not have a libstdc++.so.x file anywhere on my system from nekoware (even betas). I have all of nekoware and nekoware-beta extracted in dirs and searched for libstdc++ in all the *.idb files (lists contents of tardists).. and nothing shows up for libstdc++.so. Plenty of .a's (static libs).

Am I missing something? It is late at night for me trying to mess with mame .. maybe I just need some sleep and it will work in the morning.

-Kevin

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:29 am

You are missing a libstdc++ from tcgware's gcc build, see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16727919#p7377642 in the first page of the thread.

It looks like this needs proper repackaging into nekoware. I'll look into it and see if i can get a decent build with MIPSPro and fix the endianness
I might want to try 0.168 but even on my linux systems a build takes hours and the resulting binary is more than 100 MB

EDIT: oh, it is already over 125 MB itself :o
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:

Return to “Emulation”