Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:06 am 

Anyone have this issue before?

I have an Indigo2 and I plug in the gdm-20d11 but I get no display, just a power cycle and a couple of clicks... no matter what I do the lights on the monitor are on (green and amber) not flashing -- seems like the monitor goes into standby.

Please help!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 am 

I have a monitor like that (also 20d11) got free from a very nice person, wich also doesn't seems to come out of standby, just some clicks and buzzes. But after a while, it does give an image. But of really the worst quality, like this:)( really weird hollow. That stabilizes, and then gives a reasonable image.
I'm now using another fine working 20d11 (from the same nice person:D) but waiting about 3-5 minutes for the image and 10 min to stabilize is also possible.
just see if yours gives something after about 15 min.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:30 am 

Ok, I'll try when I get home.

And thanks for the quick reply :-) :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:22 pm 

Nope, didn't work. Still in standby mode. I even got out my contact cleaner to see if the contacts were in need of cleaning.

Any Ideas?

I read somewhere that this monitor does happen to go out, something about a capacitor. I have the service manual for it, but I do not know where to begin on trouble shooting the PCB.

Please Help....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:35 am 

If it is a capacitor, repairing would be very hard I think, pointing out a faulty capacitor might be difficult.
But when you check, mind that capacitors do keep a capacity, big enough for nasty surprices, so be VERY careful.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:16 am 

funkymonkry
Send me this service manual ( GDM 20D11 ) to my e-mail:
alexdedalus@hotmail.com

I help you graciously and analyse your specific problem using the service manual and returns in few days with a optimum solution.

I am specialized in similar monitors by SONY, but dont have this service manual.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 am 

From the sounds of the symptoms that bluefan is describing, these things may have weak picture tubes. With use the cathode erodes and the filament gets weak. Tubes could be "rejuvenated" by upping the filament voltage a little and burning the cathode clean. I would be interested in seeing the service manual as well if you could shoot me a copy. The switching power supply and anode supplies in this monitor are not to be taken lightly, if you get across these you will wake up in the hospital.... or not at all.

On a side note, do you have a known good monitor to check the system with? It would stink to start opening up the monitor to find out there is no signal coming out. I have also found that not all cables work with all monitors.

:Onyx2: :O2000: :Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indy: :O3x0: :A350: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :O200:

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:48 am 

PowerGraphics wrote:
funkymonkry
Send me this service manual ( GDM 20D11 ) to my e-mail: alexdedalus@hotmail.com I help you graciously and analyse your specific problem using the service manual and returns in few days with a optimum solution. I am specialized in similar monitors by SONY, but dont have this service manual.
The person who mentioned he had a manual, funkymonkry, hasn't logged into nekochan since February 2006. Funkmonkry only posted three times back then, all in this thread and all in the span of a single week.

As a general fyi to all, when responding to older posts you can get an idea as to whether or not the OP is still around by clicking their 'Profile' button and checking the "Last Visited" date.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *