Where would I find Octane 2 skins?

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
OSWebman

Where would I find Octane 2 skins?

Unread postby OSWebman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:08 pm

I remember a while back some mention of a website with Octane skins. I also remember more recently, posts about the lack of Octane 2 skins. Does anyone have a site with skins for our precious sytems? Its a pretty cool option for " Octane upgradable to Octane2" people ( see: viewtopic.php?t=1762 )
Thanks,
Eugene Redko

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:10 pm

The website was http://www.novastar.net but they've apparently changed their policy toward selling skins without systems.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Mare

Unread postby Mare » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:46 am

nekonoko wrote:The website was http://www.novastar.net but they've apparently changed their policy toward selling skins without systems.

I contacted Novastar today and they have said they wont sell the skins seperately but will do me a good deal on a full Octane 2 :?

fdion

Unread postby fdion » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:52 am

But the Octane 2 skin has the ugly logo instead of the cool cube, why you want to change it?

whiter

Unread postby whiter » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:56 am

fdion: I suppose you would like an o2 skin on your Origin 300 too ? :-)

If you have an Octane2 you want an Octane2 skin, nothing else.
Shall I describe it to you? Or do you want me to get you a box?

fdion

Unread postby fdion » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:08 am

Hehe. I actually have a Crimson VGXT in a Iris 4D Power chassis/skin, so I dont have a problem with that. It was updated by SGI for Boeing and it has a sticker to indicate the upgrade. I also have a Crimson in its proper red skins.

Question is, if your Octane 2 started it's life as an Octane, then it is quite proper to leave it in the teal case.

At any rate, it's not like they are going to end up in a museum, so either way, you can do what you want. So how much would a set of skin would have cost when they were available?

It's a shame they didn't make an Octane 3. With a 5-1/4" bay for dvd+-rw. Crimson Red, of course.

Return to “SGI: Hardware”