Help Octane with lcd/tft monitors
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am
I have an Octane and an Octane 2.
Do you know any cheap and good LCD monitor works well for an Octane or Octane 2? (in Octane I have the EMXI and in Octane 2 I have an Odyssey V8).
Thank you very much!
Re: Help Octane with lcd/tft monitors
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:46 am
Here's a list of monitors known to work with the Octane from the Octane Hardware Aggregator:
Note: A properly wired 13w3 to HD15 adapter or cable is required. Most generic 13w3 to HD15 adapters are wired to the Sun version of 13w3 which may cause display issues if used with an Octane. If the advertisements says an adapter "works with Sun, IBM and SGI", it probably doesn't without modification. SGI made a 13w3 to HD15 cable for the Octane, the part number is 018-0881-002.
1. Acer P243W 24" LCD 1920x1080 (13w3>HD15 with proper cable or adapter)
2. BenQ G2110W & G2110WA (Sub-D VGA-only) --tested with V12 and Schleusel's 1680x1050 vfo. Works fine.
3. Compaq P1220 (Octane/ESI/ESI+TRAM)
4. Dell P991 19" CRT (works with 13w3 adapter with pins pulled)
5. Dell P1130 21" CRT 2048x1536 (HD15) (other manufacturers, including HP, have versions of the P1130 with similar specifications)
6. Dell FP1800 18" LCD 1280x1024 (13w3>HD15 connection)
7. Dell 2001FP 20.1" LCD 1600x1200_60 V12 (13w3>HD15 connection)
8. Dell 2007WFP 20.1" LCD 1280x1024_60 on EMXI tested only (13w3>HD15 connection)
9. Dell 2405FPW, 1920x1200_60 (13w3>HD15 connection)
10. Dell 2407WFP 24" LCD 1920x1200_60 V8 or V12 graphics (13w3>HD15 connection)
11. Dell 2407WFP 24" LCD 1920x1200_60 V12 graphics w/DCD (DVI connection)
12. Dell M770 (CRT - 13w3>HD15)
13. Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" 1920x1200 IPS. Max 60Hz refresh.
14. HP LP2475W H-IPS 24" Flat Panel
15. I-Inc CY199D, 1280x1024, driving analog through the VGA port.
16. Lenovo ThinkVision L220x , SoG capable - will work with generic 13W3->HD15 adapter <reported by jade_angel>
17. LG Flatron L1718S, 17", it is said to work with Indigo2 R10K/IMPACT.
18. LG Flatron L1732TQ 17" 1280x1024 (13w3>HD15 connection)
19. LG L1942P, 19" letterbox, vesa mount, accepts SOG, has both VGA and DVI inputs with source selection and pivots into portrait.
20. LG L1942T, 4:3 format, 13W3 to HD15 VGA.
21. LG L222WS plugged by vga with an adaptator. It works fine in 1680x1050 with a MGRAS video card (on IRIX only for the moment)
22. LG L225WS 22"
23. LG Flatron E2242T, 21.5", 4:3 and 16:9 format, 13W3 to HD15 VGA.
24. LG W2254TQ 22" 1680x1050. Worked with Indy, should work with Octane.
25. NEC AccuSync 72VX 17" LCD (13w3>HD15 connection)
26. Philips 170S 17" LCD (13w3>HD15 connection)
27. Samsung SyncMaster Mod. 2043nw, 16:9 format, 13w3 to HD15 (narrow 4:3 image)
28. Samsung Syncmaster F2380 (Octane/SE)
29. Samsung SyncMaster 204B LCD (20", 1600x1200 - SoG capable, tested with IR3 and SGI 13W3 to VGA cable)
30. SGI (Sony) GDM-20D11 19" CRT (standard 13w3 connection)
31. SGI (Sony) GDM-20E21 20" CRT (standard 13w3 connection)
32. SGI (Sony) GDM 4011P 20" CRT (dual input 13W3/HD15)
33. Viewsonic Optiquest V95
34. Viewsonic VP201b 20.1" LCD
35. Telefunken L20H265M2D, 51 cm (20 Inch), HD-ready LED TV.
The PlayStation 2 - SOG Monitor DataBase is another resource for Sync-on-Green compliant montors that might work with the Octane.
36. Teorder VGA to HDMI (B01MSTDUCH) - 1280x1024 @ 60Hz, requires proper 13w3 to VGA adapter, but every HDMI panel I have tried has worked.