Indigo2 PC case mod

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
JohnnyJohnny

Indigo2 PC case mod

Unread postby JohnnyJohnny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 am

Just finished up a new dual-boot Linux Mint/Windows 10 PC using my extra Indigo2 case. I used an ITX motherboard which fits across the case next to a standard ATX PSU. I was able to keep the EISA backplane in place and used it to mount the PCIe right-angle adapter. You can see my EVGA GTX 550 ti graphics card lying "sideways," just like the original. Also using the stock fan to blow cool air into the case, and rigged up a momentary switch so I can use the original front panel and switch cover. The only issue is that the ITX board only has one PS2 port, so I can't use a matching mouse with my granite keyboard. If I find a non-working mouse, I'll replace the guts with optimal USB electronics.

IMG_0949s.jpg

IMG_0952s.jpg

IMG_0953s.jpg

Together with my real Indigo2 (awaiting PSU repairs) and my Indy.

IMG_0955s.jpg
Drowning in a flood of my own interests...and trying to get at least one thing 100% done.

:Octane2: :Indigo2IMP:

necron2600

Re: Indigo2 PC case mod

Unread postby necron2600 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

The only issue is that the ITX board only has one PS2 port, so I can't use a matching mouse with my granite keyboard.

You can use a PS2 splitter.. something like https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6812200078 (note: i have not tested/used this particular brand/model.. just some old ones lying around).

Return to “SGI: Hardware”