An Old IRIX Demo (And Carcharodon's Latest)

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
scottE

An Old IRIX Demo (And Carcharodon's Latest)

Unread postby scottE » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:37 pm

I've been having some issues with getting Carcharodon (I2 teal, 200 MHz, Extreme) to boot. Thought it might be bad RAM, but even though only one bank is filled, I was usually getting happy boot chimes, though it would hang immediately (usually) after that.

So I basically disassembled the whole computer and cleaned as much as I could. After putting it all back together, it was working perfectly. Running diagnostics turned up nothing wrong, even the RAM tests.

Good news. But I'm selling it. I have to. But I think it would be neat if I could put on one of the old IRIX 6.2 demos I remember from when I first got the thing. I cannot remember the name, but it was something like jello or gelatin. You could spin and launch primitives and the rigging would allow them to bounce and be all floppy.

I couldn't find it on the demos disc for IRIX 6.5, but perhaps I didn't look hard enough. Anyone know what it was called/where it is?
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides

dexter1

Re: An Old IRIX Demo (And Carcharodon's Latest)

Unread postby dexter1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Newton

:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:

scottE

Re: An Old IRIX Demo (And Carcharodon's Latest)

Unread postby scottE » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:00 pm

dexter1 wrote:Newton

That's it! Thanks!
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides

Return to “SGI: Hardware”