Indigo power-on issues, possible dead drive

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Daniel80486

Indigo power-on issues, possible dead drive

Unread postby Daniel80486 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm

After my power supply repair (http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16731963), my Indigo starting giving the TOD error. I did a CR2032 conversion, but seem to have additional issues.

I get a dead screen about 50% of the time but I think I just need to pull everything and thoroughly clean all the contacts.

I've had the hard drive removed to spare it from all the power cycling from my PSU testing. When the system doesn't hang with a dead screen, it runs diagnostics and correctly detects SCSI failure, as expected for a missing drive, so that seems encouraging:
CAM00112.jpg

However, with the drive installed, the drive makes a clunk 3 or 4 times, and the diagnostic shows Drive Not Ready: ASC=0x4c
CAM00114.jpg

I'm almost certain this is a drive failure, but if there's anything I can check, I'm open to suggestions. :(
:Indigo: :Cube:

robespierre

Re: Indigo power-on issues, possible dead drive

Unread postby robespierre » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Code: Select all

dks0d1s0: Drive not ready: ASC=0x4c,.

ASC 4C/00 is defined as LOGICAL UNIT FAILED SELF-CONFIGURATION, also called "Diagnostic Failure - config not loaded".

It appears that the drive is malfunctioning.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

Return to “SGI: Hardware”