SGI N-Brick - Anyone Familiar with this item?

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
sgi-enthusiast

SGI N-Brick - Anyone Familiar with this item?

Unread postby sgi-enthusiast » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am

Hi, been quite sometime since I posted anything but I do have a question if anyone can assist.
For some time I have considered connecting several O350 systems I have together. I understand from some reading that an 'N-Brick' can be used to do this via the xio connectors for up to four systems. As the opportunity to acquire one has presented itself, I wonder if anyone has any information on the brick or how to go about achieving this (i.e. any special software required or is it just minimum IRIX revision etc)?
I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks!

GL1zdA
Donor
Donor

Re: SGI N-Brick - Anyone Familiar with this item?

Unread postby GL1zdA » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 am

AFAIK the N-Brick is used to connect InfiniteReality G-bricks to the compute C-bricks. You need a NUMAlink router or R-brick to connect more than 2 O350 compute modules.

Re: Origin 200 XIO Cable Adaptor for SI Graphics
SAQ wrote:...SGI came up with the N-brick whose sole purpose is to provide a XBRIDGE with one XIO port connected to the C-brick and one connected to the G-brick. This may be for buffering, or may be something architectural.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Fuel: :540:

sgi-enthusiast

Re: SGI N-Brick - Anyone Familiar with this item?

Unread postby sgi-enthusiast » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks for the info GL1zdA. I will follow your links for further information.

Return to “SGI: Hardware”