Mini-PC fit in an SGI hard drive bay?

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
mgtremaine

Re: Mini-PC fit in an SGI hard drive bay?

Unread postby mgtremaine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:36 pm

The ODROID-XU4S concept is awesome! I wonder if we could get one in the Indy somewhere that makes sense. It occurs to me that with the wireless adapter add on, if you ran your Indy (or O2 or whatever) through the ODROID-XU4S via the ethernet cable and then out the wireless you now have wireless for the connection. The ODROID-XU4S is your router/firewall as well as linux application server and NFS storage. Very interested in seeing your PCI -> O2 card, I need to get the o2 out of storage for sure this summer.

-Mike
:Indy::O2:

Dodoid

Re: Mini-PC fit in an SGI hard drive bay?

Unread postby Dodoid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm

The D1 is the evolution of this idea. It was originally planned to use an XU4S, but in order to simplify the design and fit better within the PCI form factor, some design changes have been made. The D1 has a USB port, so WiFi on your SGI is software from there on in. The D1 is designed to be an open platform, available for anyone to develop for, so if someone wants to plug a WiFi adapter into the port and set it up for WiFi on an SGI, that would be cool for sure. I have a friendwho has been doing some remote software development over VNC (from all the way across the globe in eastern Europe!) on my test O2 with the early D1 development setup, perhaps I could persuade him to do that :) .
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

Return to “SGI: Hardware”