o2 cdrom tray wants to stay open.

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
mapesdhs

Re: o2 cdrom tray wants to stay open.

Unread postby mapesdhs » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 am

I don't have an GSI fw file, no. Is it possible to extract it from the drives?

Ian.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute!
Donations of any kind of item I can sell to provide funds are also most welcome.
mapesdhs@yahoo.com
+44 (0)7434 635 121

dyverize

Unread postby dyverize » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:39 pm

I had the same problem with my O2 tried all the fixes none worked. Now not working at all. I am looking at replacements online and just wondering if anyone knows if any toshiba scsi drive will work looking at xm5301b and xm5401b.
Thanks

mapesdhs

Unread postby mapesdhs » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Use the 6201 or 6401. I would never touch any older model.

Ian.

PS. I have a 6201B (removed from a Fuel, so with SGI firmware) for 45 UKP + shipping.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute!
Donations of any kind of item I can sell to provide funds are also most welcome.
mapesdhs@yahoo.com
+44 (0)7434 635 121

canavan

Unread postby canavan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:26 am

It's possible that one of the tools here: http://backfire.rpc1.org/tsstcorp/index ... utilities/ is able to produce a backup of the firmware in the drive before flashing, but I don't currently have any working DOS/Windows PCs with SCSI controllers. The Domain of the contact email address specified on that page seems to have fallen into the hands of some domain dealers, so it's of no use.

Return to “SGI: Hardware”