Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:48 pm 

directedition wrote:
Idiotic looks better.

you must be one of those 'transparent xterm' people.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:14 pm 

If I could get it to show the applications under it and not just the desktop, I'd be sold.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:21 am 

Before we dive into the "transparent aterm vs Digital VT100" comparison, let me show you an SGI mod page, in which the connection of an SGI GDM 20D11 to a PC is described in detail.

Maybe you have one as a spare lying about and want to pep up your PC visuals with a monitor and a REAL CUBE LOGO on it :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:39 pm 

And again not a real casemod, but a page on how to feed your Indy/Challenge S with ATX power:

http://www.algonet.se/~yann/sgi/sgi-power.html

Putting an ATX PSU into an indy will be a daunting task, i imagine. Maybe a refit of an Indy into an ATX cabinet will be possible this way...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's one that was e-mailed to me this morning:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/robhensel ... /index.htm

I'm actually very curious as to whether the company he works for is willing to sell Octane front panel plastics since mine are kind of broken. Reputable wants a lot of $$$ for spare plastics, and to think that they might be throwing them away ...

/me cries :cry:

All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:32 am 

nekonoko wrote:

OMG the horror! Who ever did this deserves pain! :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:39 am 

He should be tared and feathered for that horrific misdeed.. Now heres finally a person that should be on that list where your president normally put innocent muslims. Why fly around the world to bomb a country most of the soldiers even can't prenounce when you have so many morons at home in need of a good spanking ?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:12 am 

nekonoko wrote:
Reputable wants a lot of $$$ for spare plastics, and to think that they might be throwing them away ...

No kidding. I mean, what's up with that? Reputable could be making bank on individual sgi hardware users....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:28 am 

Actully, let me rephrase that; From the prices I've seen, Reputable probably IS making bank off end-users.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:31 am 

OMFG!

It's hard to imagine the lack of respect and care that people can have when they don't know what a mchine is or is capable of. Even worse when they don't give a crap about the machine that's worth more than they are just because it won't run windows. That sh*t sickens me!

I know a guy that had one of those Challenge Vaults, the 72" rack looking beast. He was trying to sell it as o0ne unit, but nobody wanted to pay for the shipping on a computer that weighed in at nearly 1/4 of a ton. He was force to part it out. He was telling me how sad he was that he ha to do it, but there was 8x R10k 195s and I think at least a GB worth of ram and many other things it it. He saved the skins, too. oprionpi and I saw the hutted out hull of this beast, all i could do was just stand there in silence. It kinda reminded me of The Marlin.

Just seeing those kind of disgraceful things gets me really fired up! I can understand when it necessary to pay your bills, like the case with the challenge, but when you are some stupid windows user and destroy a perfectly working machine to put some 2bit PeeCee parts into it.....

I'm going to stop there before I get too carried away.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:46 am 

Shtoink wrote:
...but when you are some stupid windows user and destroy a perfectly working machine to put some 2bit PeeCee parts into it...

PC's boot in 16bit mode now, did you hear? Yah, I have to agree most mods are in rather poor taste. If you insist on modding an SGI at least put workstation class hardware in it. I could see dropping a single board computer in an Indy.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:33 pm 

orionpi wrote:
PC's boot in 16bit mode now, did you hear? Yah, I have to agree most mods are in rather poor taste. If you insist on modding an SGI at least put workstation class hardware in it. I could see dropping a single board computer in an Indy.

I might understand a MOD if the machine was completely unworking and you couldn't afford/get replacement parts, or if it was something realy old and didn't work. The absolute destruction of the Octane just really hurts.

I'm thinking about putting a window into the top of an Indy and possibly making it something that sits on it's side like the I2, but it'll still be an SGI and functional as an SGI. I was planning on doing this just for the cheese factor. Indy's seem comon enough and I don't plan on taking away from it's functionality, just making it more *bling* *bling*.

I may not actually go anywhere with that plan, but it seemed funny enough to try. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:46 am 

If you have a nice looking skin don't do it. Indys may be very common, but good looking ones aren't. Although I have one that is a perfect candidate for such experimentation. Its discolored and missing the logo, but has almost no scratches.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:53 am 

akimmet wrote:
Indys may be very common, but good looking ones aren't.

Good skins are worth a decent amount of money. It makes me cringe to think about someone destroying nice skins. It took me a long time to get two perfect skins for my Indys and I'm working on perfect skin for my Indigo.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:24 am 

Nah...

This one has a skin that's been pretty hammered. It looks like it was used as a hocky puck. It's been scratched to sh*t, but it isn't discolored too bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next