O2 and O2+ Memory Capacity.

SGI hardware problems, solutions, tips, hacks, etc.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Cauldronborn

O2 and O2+ Memory Capacity.

Unread postby Cauldronborn » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:42 pm

What is the max memory you can put in a O2 or O2+? I know I've seen it somewhere and I think it is 1Gb but cannot confirm.
No matter where you go, there you are...
Buckaroo Banzai

Glock

Unread postby Glock » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Indeed, 1GByte is the limit for both O2 and O2+. The two systems are identical anyways, except for the expensive purple dye used in fabricating the skins.

But WHY THE FRACK didn't SGI market a 1600SW with matching purple trimmings??? This just isn't right... :evil:
"What is understood, need not be discussed..." Loren Adams

zolotroph

Unread postby zolotroph » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:12 pm

Glock wrote:But WHY THE FRACK didn't SGI market a 1600SW with matching purple trimmings??? This just isn't right... :evil:

"1600SW+" ?

:D

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:28 pm

zolotroph wrote:"1600SW+" ? :D

That might explain the 1600SWs that occasionally pop up on eBay with the 'new' SGI logo and translucent skins. > :wink: <

zolotroph

Unread postby zolotroph » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:04 pm

recondas wrote:
zolotroph wrote:"1600SW+" ? :D

That might explain the 1600SWs that occasionally pop up on eBay with the 'new' SGI logo and translucent skins. > :wink: <

Actually, those were created to match the look of the (then) new blue and white Power Mac G4 series. They were rebranded and sold as the Radius Artica display, bundled with a Formac graphics card.

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:39 pm

zolotroph wrote:Actually, those were created to match the look of the (then) new blue and white Power Mac G4 series. They were rebranded and sold as the Radius Artica display, bundled with a Formac graphics card.

I guess the "> :wink: <" was a little to subtle <subtlety is not usually on my list of shortcomings :roll: >
It was meant to be a a tongue-in-cheek reference to that very fact

zolotroph

Unread postby zolotroph » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:46 pm

recondas wrote:
zolotroph wrote:Actually, those were created to match the look of the (then) new blue and white Power Mac G4 series. They were rebranded and sold as the Radius Artica display, bundled with a Formac graphics card.

I guess the "> :wink: <" was a little to subtle <subtlety is not usually on my list of shortcomings :roll: >
It was meant to be a a tongue-in-cheek reference to that very fact

D'OH!

My humor detection circuit was switched off, sorry...

:wink:

Return to “SGI: Hardware”