A smear campaign against nekochan.net mods on reddit

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
Hakimoto

A smear campaign against nekochan.net mods on reddit

Unread postby Hakimoto » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 am

Dear fellow nekochanners!

Since I just got an email in my inbox (to the webmaster address of my eroteme.ch domain) from an old friend of ours, I figured I'd put everyone in the know.

I don't have a reddit account and I don't plan on creating one just to vote his crappy victimisation story down. I'm not going to feed the troll either, except for a very brief private note to this guy which, of course, will stay between him and me until he decides to post it on some website or other, as he usually does.

The amount of time and nerves this has cost the mods collectively is immense and I am really left to wonder what this dude's problem is.

Apparently we are all a***holes and he's a saint.

Have a nice day everyone.

PS: Behind the scenes we mods have been discussing how we will handle such severe cases of trolling in the future. Once something has been worked out, the community will surely be put in the know!
The Bandito wrote:In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...

Hakimoto

Re: A smear campaign against nekochan.net mods on reddit

Unread postby Hakimoto » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 am

Update: Within seconds of my replying to him parts of my email were published to reddit, just as expected. This young man can obviously not be helped as, to him, we are wrong and he is right. And there's no in-between and, oh no, he couldn't possibly be wrong.

Trippynet
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Trippynet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 am

Thanks Hakimoto, I'm sure many of us appreciate the transparency here.

I'm not going to get involved with this guy's disputes between Dexter and Ian as frankly, I don't know the whole story there. If either of them want to set the record straight on Reddit, it's probably best it comes from someone who knows all the details.

However, I will say that I do feel it's wrong of him to try and blame all of the mods - especially as I find the general standard of moderation at Nekochan to be very relaxed and accommodating compared to some places. I also agreed with his latest ban due to his insistence on driving threads repeatedly off-topic, and picking various fights with other members all the time. In short, he was increasingly causing a poisonous and unpleasant atmosphere.
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen: R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium: R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30

Hakimoto

Unread postby Hakimoto » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:19 am

Thanks, Trippynet, I appreciate your comments on the matter.

What I find so bothersome with our good friend is his aloofness. It's as if he truly believes he has played no part in any of the threads that have gone sour and that we were all out to get him.

Especially in view of how everyone here at the forums turned a blind eye after his first (round of) escapade(s) and welcomed him back the second time round (little did we know what a fallacy that would turn out to be...), I really feel that humility is a concept unfamiliar to him.

Needless to say that I've received several more missives in the meantime attacking and threatening me personally. Seems like it doesn't matter who you are, if you're not with him, you're against him! Good thing then that I'm not replying to any of them!

After all... let's not feed the troll! ;)

Hakimoto

Unread postby Hakimoto » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 am

Thread edited by me because of legal threat's brought against neko. Truly unbelievable this sad, sad individual.

commodorejohn

Unread postby commodorejohn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 am

Ai yi yi, this guy.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 am

I stopped talking to him after he did this. I tried to be polite and nice to him but he's clearly mentally unhinged.

We don't need this level of drama on a small forum.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

commodorejohn

Unread postby commodorejohn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:48 pm

I mean, say what you want about hamei, but that dude was intelligent and knew his shit about vintage Unix stuff. ivelegacy was very similar in terms of quirky, belligerent, bizarre behavior, but minus any semblance of coherence, relevance, or self-control.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

miod

Unread postby miod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Hamei has strong opinions and is more than willing to share them with colorful language, but you can nevertheless hold a discussion with him.

ivelegacy/YM8809/whatever tends to always be in write-only mode, only reads what he wants to read. It's difficult to have a conversation when someone is not listening to what you are saying.

When you have trouble communicating with one particular person, the problem is likely to be with this person. When you have trouble communicating with everyone, the problem is likely to be with you...
:Indigo:R3000 (alas, dead) :Indigo:R4000 x4 :Indigo2:R4400 :Indigo2IMP:R4400 x2 :Indigo2:R8000 :Indigo2IMP:R10000 :Indy:R4000PC :Indy:R4000SC :Indy:R4400SC :Indy:R4600 :Indy:R5000SC :O2:R5000 x3 :O2:RM7000 :Octane:2xR10000 :Octane:R12000 :O200:2xR12000 :O200: - :O200:2x2xR10000 :Fuel:R16000 :O3x0:4xR16000 :A350:
among more than 150 machines : Apollo, Data General, Digital, HP, IBM, MIPS before SGI, Motorola, NeXT, SGI, Solbourne, Sun...

Dodoid

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Hamei is hamei. Entertaining to be sure (and might I add, absolutely nails the written Scottish accent), but genuinely interesting with legitimately helpful or contributive things to say. ivelegacy though...

ivelegacy (reddit) wrote:Some people don't get the point even if you throw at them a HUGE stone that shows the POINT on their heads.

throw at them a HUGE stone! :lol:
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:51 pm

commodorejohn wrote:ivelegacy was very similar in terms of quirky, belligerent, bizarre behavior, but minus any semblance of coherence, relevance, or self-control.

Hamei doesn't harass me by email, and I've actually met him IRL, when I was in Shanghai last year, we ate some good food at a hole in the wall he knew about.

ivelegacy I liked as a person up until the point he did this. I knew he was particularly weird, and I was willing and able to put up with it because I try to be nice to people here. He has officially however lost any respect I did have when he attacked the very nice, competent and professional moderators of this site.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

Trippynet
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Trippynet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 am

RF: I agree with you. I initially found Ive to be a bit odd and quirky, but he did post some interesting things in the past. Problem is the guy just cannot seem to control his tongue and never ever thinks he's in the wrong. I've never once seen him apologise for anything. I get that with English not being his native language he may say things that could be mis-interpreted, but if ever he was pulled up on anything, he just jumped into defence mode and started lashing out, rather than saying "sorry" and taking the comment on board.

Meanwhile, I have seen a few others raise to him in the past, but then apologise and edit their posts after the red mist cleared.

Anyway, I am glad to see nobody feeding the troll on Reddit. His post on there is just becoming a longer and longer meandering pile of rambling with no comments except from Carlos himself, and just one vote so far (probably from himself). It's interesting how much of a hypocrite he is as well: Attacking Hakimoto for publishing his name (and demanding his privacy and protection of personal information), yet referring to Ian's full name in his post, and let's not forget his final post here:

Y888099 wrote:Oh, I am considering the insults in PM!
Going to publish them somewhere with name and surname of people here.

Still, he has said one thing I actually agree with:

Anyway this story MUST end here, today, and right now.

Yes indeed!
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen: R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium: R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30

computron

Unread postby computron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:53 am

i have read this post with interrest, and the article on reddit do not reflect the (my) reality, i do not have this feeling about this board..... sad

Eve

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:17 am

hamei is probably the last person here still using irix (and nekoware) on a day to day basis. Which should count for something.

jirka
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jirka » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm

I think we should just ignore him.
I tried to read the whole post on the reddit but I wasn't able to finish it. It so boring and it seems to be just a presentation of his personal (and very bizzare) view on things.

I'm not a very active member of this forum but I'm a happy and satisfied one.

Return to “Nekochan Net”