A smear campaign against nekochan.net mods on reddit

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Re: A smear campaign against nekochan.net mods on reddit

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 pm

That's what he claims. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it himself, considering his signs of mental illness, and then forgot about it.

I noticed a lot of things from the hacks he's done to the forum:

Clicking on anyone's usernames sends you back to the front page, not the login screen. So he broke userprofiles.

Poorly backtranslated Matrix and Seinfeld quotes dominate parts of his site. Trying to login? "No soup" apparently a bad translation of "No soup for you!" Or perhaps a misunderstanding of the phrase "No dice"

And his text on the register page is just precious:

Welcome new socket, if you are here, it means you are willing to make a choice.
You are not the only one who makes choices. LordCrimson and its henchmen, the Oracle,
other characters and even loa of voodoo make a lot of choices throughout wonderland,
and everyone`s decisions affect everyone else so, in a way, no one has complete controll
over their own sockets down the rabbit hole.

Red Pills has become a popular phrase among cyberculture and signifies
a free-thinking attitude, and a waking up from a "normal" life of sloth and ignorance.
Red Pills prefer the truth, no matter how gritty and painful it may be.

What about you: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

You take the Blue Pill: the story ends, you go back and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the Red Pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

He's got dozens of sockpuppets. LordCrimson, Nonefornow, madame, and probably more. There's 30 users but even when most of the site was viewable without an account ( don't want to make one, afraid the site will give my PC aids) he was 99% of posts.

He obviously doesn't know what red pilling is.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Tezro: Quad R16000 700MHz V12 8GB RAM murasaki
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)

I am probably posting from yangxiaolong, HP Z230 with Xeon E3-1230v3, 16GB RAM, GeForce 750ti, and running NetBSD and Windows 8.1 Embedded.
Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

robespierre

Unread postby robespierre » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Raion-Fox wrote:He obviously doesn't know what red pilling is.

Maybe. But at least he can be confident to not be mistaken for a norm.
For me the whole affair is stupid internet drama: it's clear he's trying to get a reaction, and I really don't care what he says or how many sockpuppets he has.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 am

Perhaps, but I'm still amused at the way this thing unfolded. It bothers me not that much, but it is insanely entertaining.

BTW, legacy, if you're reading this, I'm not low enough to make an account on your site.

I am probably posting from yangxiaolong, HP Z230 with Xeon E3-1230v3, 16GB RAM, GeForce 750ti, and running NetBSD and Windows 8.1 Embedded.

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 am

Raion-Fox wrote:Perhaps, but I'm still amused at the way this thing unfolded. It bothers me not that much, but it is insanely entertaining.

This. I am not concerned for the man, more the phenomenon. It is like the Philmarillion, but instead of being directed at an individual it is directed at a community. Our words are being watched over by eyes that care more than we understand. We should feel loved. :lol:

GRudolf94

Unread postby GRudolf94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Ooh, I'd never heard about this Philmarillion story, thanks for that entertaining tidbit, @VenomousPinecone

We had a way more scary version of Philmarillion at my university's facebook group. Someday a retard claimed to "being stalked and threatened by nazis" and whatnot, made a 200-page long PDF "indicting" and "denouncing" several of the group members. All a figment of his imagination, of course. Then, last week, he went to the bar where one of the dudes he listed on the PDF works, and stabbed/knifed the guy 7x. Nearly killed him, stabbed across chest, back, face and neck. Dude now has over 100 stitches.
:Indy: R5000@180MHz, 256MB, XL-24, IndyCam
:Indigo2: R10K@195MHz in broken teal case with broken purple bottom, XZ Graphics, missing: RAM, drives/sleds, case bits, PSU; awaiting completion [ATX PSU CONVERSION IN THE WORKS!]
misc: Some Sun stuff, lots of x86 crap, one MSX and a MSX2+, a ZX Spectrum clone, slotloader 400MHz overclocked to 500MHz! iMac G3

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 pm

GRudolf94 wrote:Then, last week, he went to the bar where one of the dudes he listed on the PDF works, and stabbed/knifed the guy 7x. Nearly killed him, stabbed across chest, back, face and neck. Dude now has over 100 stitches.

Wew.

The internet is serious business.

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Yeah only reason I keep reporting his antics is because it is funny.

His latest escapade is to post on /r/conspiracy for sympathy. And get downvoted into oblivion. He thinks there's some conspiracy of Nekochanners out to harass him. The fact is that isn't true. If anyone is fucking with Carlo, it is himself. His poor English is his calling card.

And no Carlo, I wouldn't keep bringing it up except for the fact you keep saying that is Xenophobic of us to point it out. No, it is that you misunderstand constantly and call people names when they don't give you the validation for your own insanity.

Trippynet
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Trippynet » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:17 am

It's amusing that he thinks that we're trying to harass him

Let's look at the facts:

* Registered here (ivelegacy), posted for a while, eventually got banned.
* Sent a number of e-mails to forum members complaining about being banned (I got one, I didn't reply).
* Came back with a new nick (Y06699 or whatever) - we quickly figured it was him, but gave him a second chance. Got banned again quite a while later after becoming increasingly insulting/disruptive.
* Started posting and commenting again and again and again and again on reddit about Nekochan.
* Pestered lots of forum members via e-mail again (quickly becoming insulting towards them).
* Came back with another nick (quinn), got banned almost immediately.
* Registered on irix.pw and moaned a few times about Nekochan before again becoming an ass and getting banned.
* Posts insulting comments on Dodoid's YouTube channel.
* More complaints on reddit.

In comparison, we have one thread discussing things. Yep, we're definitely the ones with a conspiracy to harass him and not the other way around... :)
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen: R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium: R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30

GRudolf94

Unread postby GRudolf94 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Must be tough for him to write in English properly. Can't see the keyboard with his head that far up his ass.
:Indigo2: R10K@195MHz in broken teal case with broken purple bottom, XZ Graphics, missing: RAM, drives/sleds, case bits, PSU; awaiting completion [ATX PSU CONVERSION IN THE WORKS!]
misc: Some Sun stuff, lots of x86 crap, one MSX and a MSX2+, a ZX Spectrum clone, slotloader 400MHz overclocked to 500MHz! iMac G3

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

It's one thing to document specific trolling behaviors, but it's another thing to get into name-calling and ad hominem attacks. Please avoid the latter, or this thread will be locked.

Thanks,
-jh

miod

Unread postby miod » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Trippynet wrote:In comparison, we have one thread discussing things. Yep, we're definitely the ones with a conspiracy to harass him and not the other way around... :)

This obviously proves our conspiracy is very well organized!
:Indigo:R3000 (alas, dead) :Indigo:R4000 x4 :Indigo2:R4400 :Indigo2IMP:R4400 x2 :Indigo2:R8000 :Indigo2IMP:R10000 :Indy:R4000PC :Indy:R4000SC :Indy:R4400SC :Indy:R4600 :Indy:R5000SC :O2:R5000 x3 :O2:RM7000 :Octane:2xR10000 :Octane:R12000 :O200:2xR12000 :O200: - :O200:2x2xR10000 :Fuel:R16000 :O3x0:4xR16000 :A350:
among more than 150 machines : Apollo, Data General, Digital, HP, IBM, MIPS before SGI, Motorola, NeXT, SGI, Solbourne, Sun...

Nonefornow

Unread postby Nonefornow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Raion-Fox wrote:He's got dozens of sockpuppets. LordCrimson, Nonefornow, madame, and probably more.

You do not know a thing about me. Leave me out of this.

Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Nonefornow wrote:You do not know a thing about me. Leave me out of this.

Oh my bad man...

Not really. Do you expect any of us to believe that you aren't a sockpuppet of Carlo? About as believable as my roommate when he had a psychotic episode and believed Dorothy Gale was in his closet with the Tin Man and they were conspiring to kill him.

Nobody would use that joke of a forum you had, which had so much Engrish, broken code, bad links and poor optimization that a few trolls firing off what appeared to be nonsensical posts, lolicon and your claim that someone posted nudes on your"bazaar" forum, except you and your multiple personalities.

And then you logged in as LordCrimson, which you exposed as yourself through your own reddit screenshots (nice going..?) deleted the trolls, only to later claim that they corrupted your database (not your crappy coding, as is more likely. I've run vbulletin, which is much heavier, on a friggin Pentium Pro for Inari's sake, a few troll posts can't kill a db) and then you locked down the entire site after recreating one of the troll users yourself and reposting what was said by several of them, ostensibly.

Did I miss anything? Because this slow-mo trainwreck and psychotic episode you've been having, plus stalking behaviour of me (Posting my full name and twitter account, claiming shit about a girlfriend (I'm single right now, for the record) I don't have, and a whole bunch of other stuff to the point that you got banned from several reddit accounts.) is both funny and super entertaining.

News flash, I'm not the one who got you kicked off this site. You brought it on yourself! I offered you my place to start fresh. You took every opportunity to dominate conversations with nonsensical rants and whinging about your treatment here, even after I told you to knock it off. You made passive aggressive and insubordinate remarks when I reprimanded you. You got mad when I posted your name in public even though it's public knowledge at this point (and this was after you exposed mine. Several times). And then you proceeded to redirect your entire smear campaign towards the Nekochan community and a few users, to me entirely.

So Carlo, nobody has screwed you over except yourself. I've been here for nearly five frigging years, and avoided the mental breakdowns and psychotic episodes you have. I even went over four years without a single warning from staff. And the entire time I've tried to spend my time supporting the hobby however I can. From giving money to the site, to porting software, to documenting things for future users, and helping out in general. I've made mistakes. Everyone here has. But you couldn't handle it.

That guy on /r/conspiracy is right. Let this shit go. You've already made yourself a laughing stock.

GRudolf94

Unread postby GRudolf94 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 am

Nonefornow wrote:You do not know a thing about me. Leave me out of this.

Says the freshly created user account. Seems like someone is monitoring the thread, who would that be?

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 pm

He's a "Son of the sunny south!" (That's a quote from the book "An Infantryman in Stalingrad," regarding what Wehrmacht soldiers called soldiers of the Italian army, who were sadly and tragically hornswaggled into fighting the Red Army on the eastern front)... :|
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

Return to “Nekochan Net”