PayPal Donation Link Added (plugin requires Prosilver theme)

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
vishnu
Donor
Donor

Re: PayPal Donation Link Added (plugin requires Prosilver theme)

Unread postby vishnu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Donations have been stuck at 500 dead p's for a while now, come on guys let's rally 'round the flag! 8-)

Col Needham, the founder and CEO of imdb, gave the movie 9 out of 10 and it's got an 8.3 with 17,000 votes so far, so, it's prolly pretty good. Anyone seen it yet?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

pierocks
Donor
Donor

Unread postby pierocks » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:32 am

True to my word, I have donated on pay day ;)
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.

joerg
Donor
Donor

Unread postby joerg » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Never seen this thread.... and it tooks some time to find that tiny donate button but than it was quite simple :) Pete take it as thx for the good old time and for forwarding a dozen ebay parcels with SGI stuff i werent able to buy without your help :)

Regards,
Joerg

archaic

Unread postby archaic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:31 pm

I had never noticed this thread (or the button) myself. Jut sent some cheddar your way Pete. :)
Patrick

- You have got to be kidding... -

jpstewart
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jpstewart » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:58 pm

vishnu wrote:Donations have been stuck at 500 dead p's for a while now, come on guys let's rally 'round the flag! 8-)

I suspect that's just the donation counter that's stuck, not the actual donations themselves! Several people have donated since then, and it's still saying $500. I just hope that's not a sign that PayPal is holding our donations hostage and keeping them from Pete.

I just donated now, and I did so the first time around, too. I had intended it to be a semi-annual thing, "paying my dues" for membership here. Apparently I lost track of time. :oops: I'll try to remember again in an actual six months. The info on this site is definitely worth paying for!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500, T5240
HP C8000

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Uh yeah, the counter is definitely stuck, if it's a counter at all. Could just be a typed-in number that Pete updates from time to time. But in terms of donating on a revolving schedule, every six months or whatever, that wouldn't have worked because Pete only made the donation link active again a few weeks ago. It had been off since we hit the target the first time... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

japes
Donor
Donor

Unread postby japes » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:52 pm

vishnu wrote:It had been off since we hit the target the first time...

I think this is the third time it's been active. I like that it has been off/on, gives me a reminder to donate.

I would be unsurprised that it was manually updated. And of course the content here is very valuable. The other day I noticed the phpBB statistics show the most active day as "Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:08" I was a little surprised it was this year - but it does track all the search bots as users and a small contingent of them always seem to be listed.
:O3000: :Fuel: :Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O3x02L: :O3x02L:

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 am

jpstewart wrote:I suspect that's just the donation counter that's stuck, not the actual donations themselves! Several people have donated since then, and it's still saying $500. I just hope that's not a sign that PayPal is holding our donations hostage and keeping them from Pete.

Yep, sorry about that - it is a manual update for the counter and I forgot to update it. Unfortunately the donation plugin is very bare bones, I wish it did more automatically.

Thanks much, everyone! I'll close the donations again around the 31st.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

ovig

Unread postby ovig » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:19 am

As I've been lurking here for a while know I thought I should chip in to help run the site... and found this rather than the Paypal button. Are donations really closed for the time being? Any plan to re-open them, with or without Paypal?
owning: :Indy: :Octane: :Cube: (NeXTstation) - lusting after: :Crimson: :Onyx2: :Tezro:

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:32 pm

For now it appears we have sufficient funds to maintain this site. If the need arises, Neko will open donations again.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:27 pm

ovig wrote:As I've been lurking here for a while know I thought I should chip in to help run the site... and found this rather than the Paypal button. Are donations really closed for the time being? Any plan to re-open them, with or without Paypal?

As dexter said, the collection window is closed for now, but thanks very much for the thought! :D

Return to “Nekochan Net”