Nekoware mirros out of sync?

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
jpstewart
Donor
Donor

Nekoware mirros out of sync?

Unread postby jpstewart » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:11 am

Is it my imagination or is the Nekoware "primary mirror" (http://nekoware.dustytech.net/index.php?path=beta/) out of sync with the one at http://www.nekochan.net/nekoware/index.php?path=beta/?

When looking for neko_autoconf-2.69 I found that the dustytech.net mirror still has package version 5, dated 07-08-13 in /beta while the page at nekochan.net has the newer package version 6 dated 29-09-14 in /beta. I haven't looked in too much detail to know if other mirrors are affected, or if other packages are out of sync too. But it seems the nekochan.net copy is more up to date than dustytech.net. Is something weird going on with the mirrors?
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500, T5240
HP C8000

hamei

Re: Nekoware mirrors out of sync?

Unread postby hamei » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:05 am

jpstewart wrote:Is it my imagination or is the Nekoware "primary mirror" out of sync

You're assbolutely right ! I was wondering where axatax'es MPlayer beta went. No wonder he wandered off, nobody downloaded it or even mentioned it :(

We are correcting that situation now ... wasn't there something odd about autoconf 2.69 ? Are you going to blaze the trail for us, jp ? Thanks for walking point :P
saving to the cloud is like stuffing a donkey in your SUV for "backup" and "redundancy". All you get is less comfort and more crap.

smj
Donor
Donor

Re: Nekoware mirros out of sync?

Unread postby smj » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:10 am

Do we need a new mirror, or is the current mirroring being fixed?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

jpstewart
Donor
Donor

Re: Nekoware mirrors out of sync?

Unread postby jpstewart » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:40 am

hamei wrote:wasn't there something odd about autoconf 2.69 ?

Yep. And canavan uploaded a fixed tardist more than two months ago. I knew he said he'd uploaded it and I wanted to test it out, so I didn't stop looking until I found it! If it hadn't been for that fact, I doubt I would have noticed the mirror situation.

My first thought was that I was mis-reading something or looking at a cached copy. Thanks for confirming it's not just me!
HP C8000

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 am

Like all of the rest of the behind the scenes stuff at nekochan.net, providing free mirrored nekoware access to the rest of us is strictly a volunteer effort.

dclough was kind enough to have stepped up to the void when our last primary mirror went mia; he's provided that service to the nekochan membership since 2012.

dclough hasn't logged into the forums since October. He may be temporarily preoccupied with things that actually pay the bills, or other circumstances may have arisen that may have more permanently trumped the time (or hardware) he has to offer us.

In either case, at this point I can only express my appreciation to dclough for his efforts to have provided that service to *all* of us.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *

vegac

Unread postby vegac » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am

Is there anything I have to do to provide a mirror?

I'll happily provide the bandwidth, assuming I can run it off of one of my linux VPS servers...

diegel
Donor
Donor

Unread postby diegel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:40 pm

vegac wrote:Is there anything I have to do to provide a mirror?
Set up a mirror and let nekonoko know. That's all you have to do. My ftp mirror is working for several years now and had never been out of sync: ftp://ftp.nekoware.de
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:

jpstewart
Donor
Donor

Unread postby jpstewart » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 pm

recondas wrote:In either case, at this point I can only express my appreciation to dclough for his efforts to have provided that service to *all* of us.

Me, too.

It wasn't my intention to seem ungrateful when I started this thread. If I came off seeming like it, then I apologize to all of the mirror providers. :oops: It wasn't supposed to be taken that way.
HP C8000

vishnu
Donor
Donor

Unread postby vishnu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:17 am

No need to apologize, if a mirror's not syncing it's a public service to point it out to the membership, I'm sure recondas would agree. He wasn't administering a silent backhand to you while vocally thanking dustytech... :D

I'm assuming, for no good reason, that the mirrors use rsyc running as cron jobs, but whatever's gone wrong dlclough probably hasn't even noticed it, might not be a bad idea to PM him, anyone know him better than I do? Ping him up! :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:

gocram

Unread postby gocram » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 am

I also noticed that some files on the main(?) FTP server, i.e. ftp.nekochan.net, seem to not want to download properly; one of them is /pub/irix/SGI_Logos/R4400_chip_logo.eps. I thought I'd also bring that up (without dedicating a whole new thread to it, unless that's preferable).
:O2: 400/R12ᴋ, 1GB RAM, digvid (AV2), UW-SCSI, 640GB (int.) & 4×300GB HDDs (ext.)
:Indigo2IMP: 195/R10ᴋ, 1GB RAM, High IMPACT+TRAM, IMPACT Video, 2×300GB HDDs
LOOKING FOR:
SGI INDIGO² HIGH IMPACT-AA or MAXIMUM IMPACT graphics board set
(the latter preferably with at least one 4-Mbyte TRAM)

Return to “Nekochan Net”