We have an IRC Channel!

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
User avatar
pentium
Posts: 4383
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Kamloops, BC

We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby pentium » Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Hey! You!
Yes!
YOU
YOU
YOU
YOU
YOU

You look bored. You aren't? Stop lying because you are!
Want to have fun without the nasty side effects of waking up half naked in the Nevada desert and with a nasty itch? It's EASY!


From the makers of the AsbestO's breakfast cereal and the mercury filled beer can cooler, it's

INTERNET
RELAY
CHAT


Shortnamed IRC, it was developed sometime after the extinction of the dinosaurs and the birth of Copernicus as a method to send ASCII smiley faces to the disgruntled employee in the neighboring office plaza. It also however had the unexpected result of allowing people to communicate with eachother over far distances.
It is through great honor that with the generous donation from a drugged up hobo that Nekochan actually runs an IRC server which we nickname THE BABBAGE ANALYTICAL TIMESHARING SERVICE.

Through its conception, even unregistered users of our forum can connect and usually almost immediately get in touch with another basement dwelling IT nut to help answer almost any question. In one case we even helped dismantle an atomic bomb.*

Want to connect? It's EASY!

First, download the IRC client of your choice. It's available for pretty much every computer (or phone, or watch, or PDA or Honda Civic ECU) made since the Tabulating Machine. Even your highschool Scantron machine supported an IRC client.

Simply connect to IRC.NEKOCHAN.NET and join #nekochan and be amazed for hours as you can participate in or even observe some of the most constructive discussions this side of the known universe!


*Actual situation may vary, we were all pretty drunk and none really remember what happened.
Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

User avatar
PymbleSoftware
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: P.O. Box 121, Pymble, Sydney, NSW 2073, Australia.
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby PymbleSoftware » Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm

pentium wrote:Hey! You!
Yes!
YOU
YOU
YOU
YOU
YOU

You look bored. You aren't? Stop lying because you are!
Want to have fun without the nasty side effects of waking up half naked in the Nevada desert and with a nasty itch? It's EASY!


From the makers of the AsbestO's breakfast cereal and the mercury filled beer can cooler, it's

INTERNET
RELAY
CHAT


Shortnamed IRC, it was developed sometime after the extinction of the dinosaurs and the birth of Copernicus as a method to send ASCII smiley faces to the disgruntled employee in the neighboring office plaza. It also however had the unexpected result of allowing people to communicate with eachother over far distances.
It is through great honor that with the generous donation from a drugged up hobo that Nekochan actually runs an IRC server which we nickname THE BABBAGE ANALYTICAL TIMESHARING SERVICE.

Through its conception, even unregistered users of our forum can connect and usually almost immediately get in touch with another basement dwelling IT nut to help answer almost any question. In one case we even helped dismantle an atomic bomb.*

Want to connect? It's EASY!

First, download the IRC client of your choice. It's available for pretty much every computer (or phone, or watch, or PDA or Honda Civic ECU) made since the Tabulating Machine. Even your highschool Scantron machine supported an IRC client.

Simply connect to IRC.NEKOCHAN.NET and join #nekochan and be amazed for hours as you can participate in or even observe some of the most constructive discussions this side of the known universe!


*Actual situation may vary, we were all pretty drunk and none really remember what happened.
Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.




/me smacks 586.

R.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

@PymbleSoftware
Current Apps -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.

User avatar
miod
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 am
Location: Orgerus (France)
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby miod » Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 pm

PymbleSoftware wrote:/me smacks 586.

With a large trout?
:Indigo:R4000 :Indigo:R4000 :Indigo:R4000 :Indigo2:R4400 :Indigo2IMP:R4400 :Indigo2:R8000 :Indigo2IMP:R10000 :Indy:R4000PC :Indy:R4000SC :Indy:R4600 :Indy:R5000SC :O2:R5000 :O2:RM7000 :Octane:2xR10000 :Octane:R12000 :O200:2xR12000 :O200: - :O200:2x2xR10000 :Fuel:R16000 :O3x0:4xR16000 :A350:
among more than 150 machines : Apollo, Data General, Digital, HP, IBM, MIPS before SGI, Motorola, NeXT, SGI, Solbourne, Sun...

User avatar
PymbleSoftware
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: P.O. Box 121, Pymble, Sydney, NSW 2073, Australia.
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby PymbleSoftware » Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

miod wrote:
PymbleSoftware wrote:/me smacks 586.

With a large trout?


As is the tradition on #nekochan, yes.

R.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

@PymbleSoftware
Current Apps -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.

User avatar
Alver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Zele, Belgium
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby Alver » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Hah! Brilliant. :mrgreen:

Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.

Yes. Yes, she does.
while (!asleep()) sheep++;

User avatar
GeneratriX
Posts: 4226
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:07 am
Location: Rosario / Santa Fe / República Argentina

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby GeneratriX » Wed May 16, 2012 3:36 pm

pentium wrote:Want to have fun without the nasty side effects of waking up half naked in the Nevada desert and with a nasty itch?


:P :P :P

Kira
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: Central CONUS

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby Kira » Wed May 16, 2012 5:15 pm

pentium wrote:Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.


Rude.

Also, only on special occasions.

User avatar
zmttoxics
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 am

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby zmttoxics » Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Kira wrote:
pentium wrote:Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.


Rude.

Also, only on special occasions.



When there is food on the table?
Stuff.

User avatar
Alver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Zele, Belgium
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby Alver » Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 pm

zmttoxics wrote:
Kira wrote:
pentium wrote:Also, please don't feed the Kira. She bites.

Rude.
Also, only on special occasions.

When there is food on the table?

A lot of things qualify as "food". If it can be digested, surely one might call it food... regardless of whether it still lives or not. :D
while (!asleep()) sheep++;

User avatar
GeneratriX
Posts: 4226
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:07 am
Location: Rosario / Santa Fe / República Argentina

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby GeneratriX » Sat May 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Alver wrote:A lot of things qualify as "food". If it can be digested, surely one might call it food... regardless of whether it still lives or not. :D


Sure, even fugu! ...that assuming you are lucky to eat a good cut! :)

hamei
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby hamei » Sun May 20, 2012 12:05 am

Alver wrote:A lot of things qualify as "food". If it can be digested, surely one might call it food... regardless of whether it still lives or not. :D

Took a visitor out for dinner. One of the dishes was drunken shrimp. It took him about ten minutes to notice that they were still squirming around ... at which point he lost it entirely :)

User avatar
guardian452
Posts: 2964
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby guardian452 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am

Who was (more) drunk, the visitor or the shrimp?
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.

User avatar
smj
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA, NA, Earth, Sol
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby smj » Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 am

hamei wrote:Took a visitor out for dinner. One of the dishes was drunken shrimp. It took him about ten minutes to notice that they were still squirming around ...
Note to self: Never accept a dinner invitation from hamei...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

User avatar
skywriter
Posts: 3103
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:22 am
Location: living in a linux-blunderland
Contact:

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby skywriter » Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am

Who forgot to give pentium his meds again?
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596

hamei
Posts: 10005
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Re: We have an IRC Channel!

Unread postby hamei » Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 am

guardian452 wrote:Who was (more) drunk, the visitor or the shrimp?

I don't think it's true but the story is, they put the shrimp in a pan without water for some time ... half hour ? an hour ? and the shrimp get really thirsty. Then they pour the shrimp into a low pan of what we call white wine (basically turpentine with an alcohol content around 80 to 90 proof). The thirsty shirmps shlurp shlurp shlurp up all the alcohol, then they pour them into a bowl with some sauce. Viola, here's your dish, 150 little shrimps staggering around.

If the sauce is good they are pretty tasty. With a little practice you cna shell them in your mouth in one swift schlurp, then spit out the shell onto the table. Next !

For those with aquariums, you know the cherry red shrimp ? The ones that the fish sellers describe as "bred in Taiwan" ? The ones you thought were designed to be cute little aquarium pets ? There's a Taiwan dish, "cherry red shrimp" which is one of those rice-in-a-hot-iron-pot things. Yup. Comes with a raw egg, some veggies, and a bowl of cherry red shrimp. Pour into the rice and stir like heck. They were bred in Taiwan, yes, but I don't think for the aquarium trade.

Fried little tiny frogs are pretty good, too. Crunchy. Subtle flavoring, reminiscent of a pond, nice grass, and an evening ribbetting the ladies. It helps to be kind of drunk when you eat them.

But there's a restaraunt down the street I'm saving for when smj comes over. They have the best spicy bee larvae in this part of zhejiang. Kind of expensive but really good. SMJ deserves the best :D

Okay, here's a dish you cowards can actually try at home. Next time you barbecue, get some tiger shrimp. Leave the shells on. Best to get them live so you can make them go without food for a day to clean out their pooper but I'm not sure you can get that back there in the free world ? Anyway, take the shrimps in their shells and find a tinfoil pan a couple inches deep. Put the shrimps in the pan and bury them in salt. Yes, bury. Fill the pan up to cover the tops of the pile of shrimp. I bet some added seasonings would make it even better. Put the pan on the barby like you were carburizing some 8620 in a cyanide bath. Don't get it as hot though. You're on your own for figuring out how long it takes to cook - we're always kind of disabled by this step of the process, but you should be able to trial and error it out. Maybe five minutes ? Pull them hummers off the fire, dig around in the salt to find them, shell and eat. So easy even I can do it. And yummy. Almost as good as the drunk ones :P


Return to “Nekochan Net”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest