Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:57 am 

Well the name talks by itself ... although we have the "Computer Graphics" group - which is more global, i suggest to open a new one, where users can post snapshots of their work done on pure SGI's, then add a small description which hardware was used, and what software* was used. I'm shure these days there will be no much things in?, but here and there maybe we can find something interesting from various users and hobbysts ... not mathers if it was a simple or complex task ... it's important to have "serious" fun :)

I have at least few (commercial) projects i was recently working on to start with :)

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Feel free to start a topic in an existing forum and see where it goes, but that's far, far too niche of a topic to devote an entire subforum to. I don't expect there's more than a handful of people still creating art with SGIs these days (if a subforum isn't going to get hundreds of posts it just winds up becoming forum bloat, taking up screen real estate).

The newer subforums were created when I determined there had been enough posts already scattered in other places to justify a new subforum topic - I then collected these and moved them to the new area.

All Rights Reserved.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:23 am 

nekonoko wrote:
I don't expect there's more than a handful of people still creating art with SGIs these days.

I've been considering an abstract sculpture out of Crimson / Power Series / Onyx / Challenge L cases.

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, start a new topic in the Graphics section and see where it goes. If it becomes wildly popular, then we can look at breaking it out into a subforum :)

All Rights Reserved.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:31 am 

Ok, fair enough :)

Quote:
I don't expect there's more than a handful of people still creating art with SGIs these days
Yea, but they should, because that is all about ... I was thinking about it several times. Many times i was comparing it with - for example old vinyl records, they don't have the performace of CD's / DVD's but nothing can't replace that warm nice analog trickling sound ... same is valid for graphics ... details mather.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 am 

cybercow wrote:
Ok, fair enough :)

Quote:
I don't expect there's more than a handful of people still creating art with SGIs these days
Yea, but they should, because that is all about ... I was thinking about it several times. Many times i was comparing it with - for example old vinyl records, they don't have the performace of CD's / DVD's but nothing can't replace that warm nice analog trickling sound ... same is valid for graphics ... details mather.

For some reason, that comparison makes me think "I've got two Octanes and a microphone." :)

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."