She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Opinions, ideas and thoughts about Nekochan Net.
pentium

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Unread postby pentium » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:55 pm

You know Halloween is real soon when our forum logo changes. :D
I remember this from last year. I still love it.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

SiliconClassics

Re: She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Unread postby SiliconClassics » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25 am

I like it!

Nekogoth.net ?
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

qumefox

Unread postby qumefox » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:05 am

I like the logo, but I don't particular like it's layout though. This crappy LCD I use at work only does 1024x768, so it takes up the top 1/3 the screen. :P
:O2000R:, :Fuel:, :320: :1600SW:, :320: :1600SW:, :O2: :1600SW:, :Indigo2IMP:

tillin9
Location: New York, NY / Westport, CT / #mupen64plus on freenode

Unread postby tillin9 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:31 am

A+ on the Halloween graphic, though the goth skintone makes her look a little too human. I thought the orange was fur, let me know if I'm wrong. Personally I was thinking you might have used Rachel Luttrell as a model, since they have similar figures and which under some lighting conditions her skin is rather orange.

As far as size, it doesn't bother me too much, though I'm at 1920x1200 (home) or 2560x1024 (dual monitor work). I must admit I did like the older style graphic (before the phpbb update) as it seemed a better use of space, but really but not that hard to scroll.

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:28 am

I enjoy my 1600x1200... plenty of real estate to go around.

Happy Halloween gentleman. :)

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:43 am

tillin9 wrote:I thought the orange was fur, let me know if I'm wrong. Personally I was thinking you might have used Rachel Luttrell as a model, since they have similar figures and which under some lighting conditions her skin is rather orange.

No, she has regular skin. This is the original coloration that I used for some time:

O2Girl-007.png

The tanned look came about during summer and I just kept it around since everyone seemed to like it. It's based more on the kogal/ganguro look:

egg001.jpg

But yeah - kogals do try to look like Rachel Luttrell ;)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:47 pm

nekonoko wrote:The tanned look came about during summer and I just kept it around since everyone seemed to like it. It's based more on the kogal/ganguro look

Tanned is a real no-no in Asia. Only country people are tanned. Skin whitener must be the top-selling cosmetic.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:14 pm

hamei wrote:
nekonoko wrote:The tanned look came about during summer and I just kept it around since everyone seemed to like it. It's based more on the kogal/ganguro look

Tanned is a real no-no in Asia. Only country people are tanned. Skin whitener must be the top-selling cosmetic.

Yeah, Japan can be a little different in that regard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogal

In general, the kogal "look" roughly approximates a sun-tanned California Valley Girl, and indeed, there are even some linguistic similarities between these Western groups and Kogal.
Kogals are known for wearing platform boots, a miniskirt, copious amounts of makeup, hair coloring (usually blonde or brown), artificial suntans, and designer accessories.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

The Keeper

Unread postby The Keeper » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:11 pm

hamei wrote:

Obviously coming in a little late here, but when I was walking around in Shibuya, I saw a couple of them. I was so stunned by actually seeing ganguro in person that I didn't actually take any pictures of them.

Asians with darker skin than hair? Yeah, they exist. They're a bit weird, but they do exist.

Chris
:O2000R: (<-EMXI/IO6G) :O200: :O200: :O200: (<- quad R12k O200 w/GIGAchannel and ESI+Tex) plus a bunch of assorted standalone workstations...

Return to “Nekochan Net”