As400 license

IBM workstations/servers/mainframes and operating systems (AIX, OS/2, etc.)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
marmotta

As400 license

Unread postby marmotta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

I have a As400 9406-170, I have installed the Os but after 70 days the license expires... I have used the Ibm ess site for retrieve the keys but I not have the "Order number" or "System number" (only custumer No. and serial) and I can't set my profile to primary :(

I have contacted Ibm and it say the machine is licensed but can't give me the keys.... I buy it used for collection and I can't contact the first owner.

The only option is use my server like forniture? :cry:

kjaer

Re: As400 license

Unread postby kjaer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm

When I went through this (but before I discovered that my machine was licensed for the untransferable V3R7) they accepted the sales invoice (which included the system's serial number) as proof of transfer of ownership. If you can find a reseller who is willing to talk to you, they have some extra resources which may help, as well.
:OnyxR: :IRIS3130: :IRIS2400: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :Indigo: :Octane: :Cube: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy:

marmotta

Unread postby marmotta » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Is very difficult to find a reseller willing to make a (fake) sales invoice... :-(

kjaer

Unread postby kjaer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:41 pm

That's not really where I was going with that. The reseller for example may accept a photo from you of the serial number plate and a handwritten sign or something along those lines as proof of transfer of ownership (which is all that really needs to be established) and change IBM's records on your behalf.
:OnyxR: :IRIS3130: :IRIS2400: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :Indigo: :Octane: :Cube: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy:

Return to “IBM”